The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why did it even cross my mind about selling up?

CardiffSupra

Iv always loved my Supra and always been really proud to drive it. But the last few week iv lost interest alltogether. Iv had the car almost 2 years, The thing is iv had a knocking noise since iv had the car and i cant relax when im driving her, Now the brakes are jamming on and im getting a horrible noise when i brake and when im doing 60mph+. I just noticed my MOT us up today and iv booked her in a local garage for Monday, Its all getting to much and to stressful. it seems there is always something going wrong with it and i find myself driving around with the stereo off looking for new noises. Iv Tryed to get rid of the knocking and spent around £1000 trying to get it sorted, Iv had upper and lower arms changed, Subframe bolts done and all the rest. Now i got new shocks to put on and im hoping the knocking will go and i can relax a bit and drive the Supra how it should be driven.

I was having a word with the misses about selling up but what could fill the Supras boots? She said i would be gutted if i let her go and shes right. I just hope all is ok for the MOT or could it be the final straw. Is there a car that could replace the Supras allround Power and looks?

Talk me out of it because i know i would regret selling.

Iv always loved my Supra and always been really proud to drive it. But the last few week iv lost interest alltogether. Iv had the car almost 2 years, The thing is iv had a knocking noise since iv had the car and i cant relax when im driving her, Now the brakes are jamming on and im getting a horrible noise when i brake and when im doing 60mph+. I just noticed my MOT us up today and iv booked her in a local garage for Monday, Its all getting to much and to stressful. it seems there is always something going wrong with it and i find myself driving around with the stereo off looking for new noises. Iv Tryed to get rid of the knocking and spent around £1000 trying to get it sorted, Iv had upper and lower arms changed, Subframe bolts done and all the rest. Now i got new shocks to put on and im hoping the knocking will go and i can relax a bit and drive the Supra how it should be driven.

I was having a word with the misses about selling up but what could fill the Supras boots? She said i would be gutted if i let her go and shes right. I just hope all is ok for the MOT or could it be the final straw. Is there a car that could replace the Supras allround Power and looks?

Talk me out of it because i know i would regret selling.

I haven't been having any problems with mine but i am having thoughts of selling too :(

I suppose if the thoughts are there it may be time to change.

I thought about something small and slow for 6 months to build up my love for the Supra agin then come back to the fold.

I've driven quite a few other cars far more relaxing than the Supra for sure. However, evey night I get back from work on the train, I do a little 'jump/skip' to the secure carpark where I left her in the morning and can't wait to start her up - it itches all day on me! :)

That's after 6 months of pretty torrid ownership and vast expense, but that buz I am sure will never die.

Keep her mate. When mine was gone for 3 months I was in pain, if she went for good I'd probably eat my face.

Greg

I was thinking of selling mine because of the insurance being too high but I thought the same - what can replace the Supe??

Nothing in my eyes - its the car I've wanted since I was a kid and now I have it. I enjoy the comments people make about the Supe and having people take photos of it as I drive past, I dont think there are many cars that can do that to people!