The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best alarm for my Supe!!

Havard

Theres plenty to choose from depending on how deep your pockets are, are good entry, insurance approved cat1 that i would recommend is a Toad AI606, fully fitted with cert for about £210 all in.

If your willing to go a bit more, around the £350 mark should see you with a Clifford Concept G5 650 or similar.

Theres plenty to choose from depending on how deep your pockets are, are good entry, insurance approved cat1 that i would recommend is a Toad AI606, fully fitted with cert for about £210 all in.

If your willing to go a bit more, around the £350 mark should see you with a Clifford Concept G5 650 or similar.

Those prices look very cheap. It has to be Cat 1 but the Toad Ai606 is about £339.00 from Toad itself.

Clifford have just quoted £499.00 for the 650 model

I must be looking in the wrong places!!

H.

I had the Toad one on my old supra and it was good enough. I know a place in Preston thats fits although i had a few probs with them witha head unit i asked them to fit. Alarm wise they were fine but not sure id want to recommend them. There is also K&M in Wigan (i think thats what its called) who fit them.

The clifford is a great alarm if you have the extra cash and want the extra features but if you just want a Cat 1 alarm then the Toad is plenty good enough.

:innocent:

most alarm fitters etc seem to be able to do the Toad for around £250.

you anywhere near Matt Harwood?

Yeah, I had my toad fitted for £250.

If you look on ebay you can a man in a van come around and fit one for around £210 ish.

Make sure he is a registered fitter oe else the warranty wont be valid.

The warning flashing light is very poor on the Toad, what I did was search for Clifford on ebay and got a small 5 BRIGHT blue led warning light (quite small and goes from side to side like night rider.)Put mine at the bottom of the windscreen, its only about 1 inch wide but very bright looks good and NOT cheesy.Its the light that comes with the clifford alarm.

http://www.jls-security.co.uk/

These fitted my Viper alarm for me.

I took the car there, highly recommended. The guy used to be a member on her but sold his Supra.

EDIT: They are in Whitefield :)

Thanks Adam. Had a chat with Ian. He seem ok. The Viper sounds like a good alarm with the pager etc. £300.00

I had the Toad one on my old supra and it was good enough. I know a place in Preston thats fits although i had a few probs with them witha head unit i asked them to fit. Alarm wise they were fine but not sure id want to recommend them. There is also K&M in Wigan (i think thats what its called) who fit them.

The clifford is a great alarm if you have the extra cash and want the extra features but if you just want a Cat 1 alarm then the Toad is plenty good enough.

Doesn't thrill me that mate!! K&M were verrrrrrrrrry expensive too!!

Yeah, I had my toad fitted for £250.

If you look on ebay you can a man in a van come around and fit one for around £210 ish.

Make sure he is a registered fitter oe else the warranty wont be valid.

The warning flashing light is very poor on the Toad, what I did was search for Clifford on ebay and got a small 5 BRIGHT blue led warning light (quite small and goes from side to side like night rider.)Put mine at the bottom of the windscreen, its only about 1 inch wide but very bright looks good and NOT cheesy.Its the light that comes with the clifford alarm.

Cheers Mark. I will have a look on e-bay. At the mo these guys in north Manchester are looking favourite. The fact that the guy had a Supe says he has good taste!!:p

H.

Mine is Auto watch not sure if its any good it was on when i bought it, just thought it might be worth a look

Don't see them advertised much now. I had one in my Chavalier SRi about 10 years ago. That car had a touch lock.

You don't see them anymore but you have to create an electrical circuit with your fingers and touch two metal parts.

ie I had a little screw beween the seats that was wired to the immobiliser. You had to touch this screw and then earth yourself on an other metal part ie seat handle etc. The car ignition would the come on and you could start the car. I had my mates in there for ages trying to work out how I did it.!!:D

They would see me put my hand between the seats but they were looking for a button of some sort.

H.

Either way, as a deterent for the alarm check out the standard warning light, as I said the toad is quite a good cat 1 but has a poxy dull red led. The clifford is a proper warning light and actually lights the interior of the car up a bit at night. Its a bit bling too with the bright electric blue.I got mine off ebay and had it fitted at the same time as the alarm, its wired up to come on when the ignition is turned off and not actually with the alarm.The toad also has remote locking as std and you can get windows to close and even remote starting I think.

I have not got it but I suppose you could start the car from your door step on a cold morning to warm it up before braving the cold.Other than that its a bit flash I suppose, wlking towards the car and starting it before you get there to impress lookers on

I thought that was what it was all about!! Walking towards your Supe should make you look like a flash twat anyway!!:p

At least the prices are getting a bit better!! I'll ask about the light on this Viper one but it does sound good!!

H.

Which place did you have a problem with Gaz, Base systems AKA Mobile Radio or was it Car Audio on Blackpool Road.

There the only 2 places that I know of and I used both of them before now.

Presuming that I collect this car on Sunday I will need to get it belled fast!!

I am near Bolton/Wigan. Who does the best "Value for money" alarm?? I would prefer it if a mobile fitter came to my house but don't mind taking it to a place either.:search:

H.

I went to Car audio Preston (now also known as RAM audio) for my alarm. CAT 1 Cobra for £300, I think you could also have an Autowatch. I think they said for £50 more I could have a basic CAT 1 Clifford with Pager. They will come out and fit it as long as the car is sheltered.

In the past I have also use Base systems (formerly Mobile Radio), they are a bit more expensive.

Motorguard UK installed my Clifford Concept 650 in 6 hours for in the end, under £325!

They also tidied up all the wiring for me and agreed to do their 'First' Supra Custom ICE build for a very good price. I am tempted, just can't afford it right now. :)

Greg