The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra in for MOT

rovervi

failed on tyres

You stuck your car into an MOT with dodgy tyres?!! Couldn't you be bothered to check them over first? Did you honestly expect them to overlook them. Every mechanic knows Supes are reknowned tyre munchers. They're the first things they check.

You stuck your car into an MOT with dodgy tyres?!! Couldn't you be bothered to check them over first? Did you honestly expect them to overlook them. Every mechanic knows Supes are reknowned tyre munchers. They're the first things they check.

It needed 3 new tyres actually but i wanted them to match up. I knew one was on the limit but thought the other 2 were ok. They are more worn on the inside as the guy who i had the wheels off had really low suspension and so the camber had changed.

The two had worn on the inside and i measured them as only 85% has to have tread, i measured them wrong thus the reason i didnt change them as i thought they were okay ;)

my 1993 tt went in on monday and failed on emissions, so i had to put a cat back in and it went through on the retest, not bad for a 14 year old car.

I was worried about the emissions checked the report and you are allowed 0.2 but mine was only 0.03.

so it was fine there