The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fookin neighbour

Guest blownbytwins

Guest blownbytwins

hi,ive kinda got a problem with my neighbour,he says my supe is to loud when i let it warm up on a mornin and when i let it cool down when i get back,and is always fookin complainin,says hes gonna call police and the nosie pollution guys,thing is tho when i let it warm up and cool down its in the garage,just need advice on whether police could do anythin?

Lol, what is with people letting the car run for 5 mins before driving off? Does it say to do so in the Toyota manual?

I start mine up, let it run for 30 secs or so and then slowly drive off staying below 3k Revs until the car has warmed up.

When driving back home and parking up you only need to let it cool down if you've gone for a big sprint, even then all you need to do is drive the last couple of miles or so back home gently...thus allowing the car to cool down.

Guest Phillw454

i sutdied law for 2years (so i hope im right) aslong as its between 8 30am and 11 30 pm in a residental area you can have anything up to 130db im quite sure, and after that time its illegal to be louder then 80db

so unless you have a 20" exhuast full of holes then your 100% ok! id even rev it aswell just to be a tw*t if he complained:p

When its silly cold outside i let mine warm up and defrost the windows etc all you need to do is stick in a Bung/Baffle. It massively reduces the noise. When you're ready to drive off whip out the baffle.

very easy simple solution...

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/Product-9.aspx

MP2101 Universal - Nur Spec R baffle

SUS304 stainless £29.00

Inc VAT £34.08

edit: the only other time i used it was at a funeral...

im in the limits then lol

You probably are, but its not worth winding them up unnecessarily.

Just do as most are saying, drive away and don't thrash it until its warm and let it do most of its cooling on a gentle ride home.

TBH screaming up your own road with the 2nd turbo online, and then letting it cool down for 5 minutes reverberating in the garage, isn't the best way to keep on friendly terms with the neighbours. :D

I know they're miserable bastards, but believe me, its better to have them on your side, than against you :)

:stickpoke :boxing:

yeah dont fall out with the neighbours.

But for anyone who does want to , come round and fall out with mine - total twats

(remeber the fence; the one retrospectively refused planning? well got a call from the planning dept; they have sucessfully appealed and the fence stays; so 2 years on they win!

methinks I smell a play of the "race card").Wll Im gonna fix that; Im going to buy the most pretyy and expenxive 20 m of fence I can and slam it up to theres and plant a dazzling display of flowers on it! so there lol

and just a sugestion; buy em some ear plugs m8

Rich