The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm thinking of buying my first Supra!!

Guest NE1L

Hi,

I've just joined your superb forum as I am thinking of buying my first Supra (MKiv) soon :D !

Anyway. My main question that I need to know is what sorta mpg are you guys getting from both a non-turbo and turbo Supra say around about the 1993-1996 age group?

I ask as I will use the car for work and do a lot of miles. I get paid 40p per mile to use my own car but is this gonna cover the true cost of running a 3ltr car let along a twin turbo 3ltr car?

I would really really really love a Supra but if, in the worst case scenario, I had to get a car that is a bit more economical then I'd be forced to go for an FTO (1.8ltr) and I don't really want to do that!

I drive a 1.9Dci Laguna at the moment so I know that I am gonna feel the pinch regards fuel economy but how much. Will I be bnkrupt this time next year hehe!!

Thanks in advance guys!

Hi mate,

I have a 93' TT and roughly get about 270-290 miles to a full tank of V-Power. Putting your foot down hard I reckon you'll get as low as 4-8mpg, take it easy and it'll jump up to about the 20-25 mark me reckons. My experience anyway. :)

Trust me, if you want economy, don't look at a Supra. But then again, I don't drive mine for frikking economic reasons. I drive it for speed, double decat pollution of the earth and a helping hand to Global Warming. Lovely.

Welcome mate. You can be looking at around 18/19 mpg mixed driving, single figures when driving like a loon and mid 20's 28 on steady motorway cruises. For £50 in a tank (not quite full with £50), i normally get about 250 miles in a TT, thats mixed driving on motorways, back roads, stop start etc

Will be loads of topics on this mate, if you have a little search. Hope you do choose to buy one though, very very lovely motors :thumbs:

Welcome to the club!

With my non-turbo supra, I get 25mpg on everyday use. I'm gentle with the throttle, so on a combined cycle I doubt you'd get much better. I've heard that the supra can get into the low 30s if you cruise the motorway a lot, but this kind of figure doesn't allow for any town driving at all!

Hi mate,

See your up here is scotland, where abouts?? Im down in Kilwinning.

I use my car for work also, i also do alot of miles. So i tend to get between 20-25mpg, thats me keeping off boost as much as poss. And up here your more likely to be off boost as its always pissing it down. But this also depends if you go for a TT or N/A.

I get paid a little more per mile than you, so fuel doesnt bother me as work pays for mine. I'll tell you now, that if you do get a soop you will not be dissapointed. Well worth it.

I did Manchester to Ivybridge (15 miles north of Plymouth) on a full tank just before xmas. Filled up in services on A556 at jct 19 and drove straight down non stop. Wasn't hanging round at times either. The supe just eats motorways when your sat cruising in 6th. Get one mate. You'll be well happy.

280 miles a tank for my TT sounds about right, with mixed driving. Lowest average mpg I've had from a tank was 16. I think a Supe would be ok for a daily drive, it all depends on how far and what roads you use. To get the average into single figures you're gonna have to be on full throttle for most of the tank! Buy one, it'll be the best buy you make this year :)