PDA

View Full Version : 350z not mine 3k race rx-7???? Apologies

shirokai
31-01-07, 11:18
As some of you might know, or not know, for the past year I have been finishing my thesis paper for my psychology degree, on cultural cognative mindsets, what factors are involved in such cultures and what issues are needed to implement certain behaviours.

Since I am not made of money and could not afford to fly around the world, I had to choose communities that would consist of similar mindset people that was similar to a cultural heritage.I had chosen car fanatical communities, in my belief that it shares many similarites to a cultural society and have joined several different clubs, i.e 350z, rx-7, celica, tt's, old classics and Supra, to test out to what length are members passionate about their cars and to what boundaries do their certain emotional traits extend to.

With great results I am able to finish off my paper, although my limitation was that the community is not a cultural society in a sense of language interaction, I believe I am able to support my paper through the many similarities that are shared when culture is juxstoposed with passionate societies.

May I say a big thankyou to all who participated in my threads, yes the 350z is not mine it was a picture of pistonheads nor was the challenge of 3k real, but these factors needed to be introduced so that I could examine to the best of my abilities certain factors of community cognative mindsets. (you should see the threads that I posted on the other sites real pissed of Evo members lol.):d

MY APOLOGIES IF I HAVE UPSET ANYONE

I am studying at Brighton university, and I must say this Site has the best membership and passionate members by far.

Really makes me want to buy a Supra when I finish paying of my student loans.

If anybody would like a copy of my paper once it has finished I would be more than happy to email them a copy.

Thanks again for everybodies participation and again sorry for any inconvenience caused especially to LEWIS, my sincere apologies for my comments.

All the best to everybody and keep up the passion :) :) :) :) :)

mikeyb10supra
31-01-07, 11:23
Let us know the results mate....im betting were all great

monkey76364
31-01-07, 11:23
lol... that may bug a few people .... :read: :Popcorn:

CJ
31-01-07, 11:24
I don't know about anyone else, but I feel quite annoyed by this. So all this was a complete load of bollocks to satisfy your thesis? Might I suggest that the next time you need "white mice" for your research you piss off somewhere else and annoy other car sites.

tooquicktostop
31-01-07, 11:27
I feel its a bit out of order, does it not require permission to use actual people in a project like this, just shows you never know who you are talking to. Has he been banned yet??

steb9780
31-01-07, 11:27
We'll let you off if you pay us the 3k, as you forfeited the race. :eyebrows:

dibbleyuk
31-01-07, 11:30
Oh get over it guys whats the big deal the internet is full of b*llox and false people.

Goodluck mate hope it has help you gather what you need.

RobSheffield
31-01-07, 11:31
Muppet!

What you posted had nothing to do with Psychology whatsoever, your results are skewed by the fact that you picked a stupid fight

This would be like me saying im finishing off my masters thesis on Pharmacology by going to a chemist and asking them if they like paracetamols!

michael
31-01-07, 11:36
*sigh*

:ban:

SupraStar 3000
31-01-07, 11:40
I've been used and abused :(

Jake
31-01-07, 11:40
If that's true it is the best excuse for trolling I've ever heard. I'd be very interested to see the finished paper.

Links to the other marque's forum threads would be amusing too.

Good luck with the degree.

tbourner
31-01-07, 11:43
Don't you see, he's falling us all again - this is still the experiment!!!!

:drama:

Lewis
31-01-07, 11:54
amen

colsoop
31-01-07, 11:56
:rlol: thats very funny, good luck with the degree.

Ian W
31-01-07, 12:00
Links to the other marque's forum threads would be amusing too.

:yeahthat:

shirokai
31-01-07, 12:01
Don't you see, he's falling us all again - this is still the experiment!!!!

:drama:

Hi, this really i the end of my experiment, thankyou once again, and sorry for those who have taken offence to my research, If I had quoted your comments then by law I would be overstepping the mark as it were, but I assure you no quotations were copied into my paper, I shall get the threads from the other forums I will have to give you my username and password but not sure of the security of this as my card and home info. may be exposed.

Please send me your email addresses and I will be more than happy to email you across the paper, it is due the 2nd of July.

Once again apologies for thoses who feel betrayed, it was the only way to get the results I needed if I had prewarned everybody, the results would of been artificial as true responses would be contaminated by the pre knowledge of its fictional status.

imi
31-01-07, 12:04
We'll let you off if you pay us the 3k, as you forfeited the race. :eyebrows:

sod the 3K....I am looking forward for unleash the LEWIS on him :D

And please change you avatar back to your car - your nova....

Big Ads
31-01-07, 12:06
I feel violated!!

:thumbdown: :complain:

Jake
31-01-07, 12:07
I shall get the threads from the other forums I will have to give you my username and password :confused:

Just give us the hyperlinks to the threads in question. No need for you username and password.

shirokai
31-01-07, 12:08
:confused:

Just give us the hyperlinks to the threads in question. No need for you username and password.

Okay mate, good idea will get them across on this thread today.:d

Supragaz
31-01-07, 12:16
Just been showering myself for the last hour as I feel DIRTY and completely violated. The Surgical Bleach didn't work though, dirt everywhere, everywhere I look....Someone help me Pleeeease :p

I agree that we should take the Muzzle off of Lewis and let him unleash the Wrath!!! :D

tbourner
31-01-07, 12:21
I think it's funny.
Hey I've been doing an experiment on you lot for the past 3 years anyway! :D

Pete
31-01-07, 12:27
You could post up links to the other sites for a laugh.

Gamer
31-01-07, 12:36
sod the 3K....I am looking forward for unleash the LEWIS on him :D

And please change you avatar back to your car - your nova....

He said Brighton university, its probably a pink ford Ka :d

Do we even get a bit of cheese for being good mice ?

shirokai
31-01-07, 12:40
He said Brighton university, its probably a pink ford Ka :d

Do we even get a bit of cheese for being good mice ?

Lol have not even passed my test yet lol, just collating other threads know.

The Miss? was a very very interesting thread to read. huge results from here.

Marty
31-01-07, 12:42
Made me laugh reading the thread too, some people dont half bite easily :d

Thorin
31-01-07, 12:43
I feel used.

Bobbeh
31-01-07, 13:11
I think its hilarious :D Damn students ;) Reminds me of Brasseye on a Supra forum.

I presume you found similar results across the various forums? Ie people are naturally going to defend something they've invested time and money (passion) in?

shirokai
31-01-07, 13:51
I think its hilarious :D Damn students ;) Reminds me of Brasseye on a Supra forum.

I presume you found similar results across the various forums? Ie people are naturally going to defend something they've invested time and money (passion) in?

To Some extent however Evo members were more aggresive with regards to Supra owners than 350z... interestingly enough

michael
31-01-07, 13:57
Which EVO forum is it on? I haven't seen anything on the MLR.

Post the frigging links already.

Jake
31-01-07, 14:01

[/SmellsMoreBS]

shirokai
31-01-07, 14:03
A mixture Evo, Rx-7 in america, Antique classics, BmW, I also crossed over to general forums, I will collate all the web addresses, just in class, using airport to access web

Jake
31-01-07, 14:05
OK which Evo forum?

shirokai
31-01-07, 14:08
There were 2 main sites for evo that I used

www.lancer-evo.net

and www.lancerregister.com

They both have active members on them, there were changes in view from each site

michael
31-01-07, 14:08
You are in class... yet using an airport to access the web.... eh?

Tricky-Ricky
31-01-07, 14:09
Well i can see your point, very fruitful source of research, and good luck with your degree, however i can now sympathise with lab rats:rolleyes:

shirokai
31-01-07, 14:10
You are in class... yet using an airport to access the web.... eh?

At brighton we can use our laptop to take notes, we are next door to the i.t lab which runs airport, each student is given access codes and usernames.

We dont have blackboards and chalk anymore:d

Nicholas
31-01-07, 14:28
At brighton we can use our laptop to take notes, we are next door to the i.t lab which runs airport, each student is given access codes and usernames.

We dont have blackboards and chalk anymore:d

Post the links you gimp :Pling:

shirokai
31-01-07, 14:35
Post the links you gimp :Pling:

Trying to but some sites are not as friendly servers as the supra site, lancer dont store forum threads up to week old I hit each site indivually timed. So i didnt get confused with the analysis bare with me

silvershark44
31-01-07, 14:37
Good luck with your degree mate, hope we all helped. I think if some people get pissed off about this then they take things a little too seriously especially as you came clean and told us all at the end.

michael
31-01-07, 14:37
Trying to but some sites are not as friendly servers as the supra site, lancer dont store forum threads up to week old I hit each site indivually timed. So i didnt get confused with the analysis bare with me

Do you need to borrow a ladder to get out of the big hole you've been digging?

michael
31-01-07, 14:38
...especially as you came clean and told us all at the end.

You think?

shirokai
31-01-07, 14:41
You think?

i can totally understand where you are coming from with sceptism, thats the problem of web based research, like I said I will be more than happy to email you with the final paper or have my tutor write a letter of apology to the club as it was conducted under his supervision.

all the best

CJ
31-01-07, 14:42
i can totally understand where you are coming from with sceptism, thats the problem of web based research, like I said I will be more than happy to email you with the final paper or have my tutor write a letter of apology to the club as it was conducted under his supervision.

all the best

Does that suggest we are not getting any links?

michael
31-01-07, 14:45
IP check anyone?

wkdtime
31-01-07, 14:48
I smell a fish.

shirokai
31-01-07, 14:48
Does that suggest we are not getting any links?

I have links for the RX-7 and Skyline, but now I am thinking its a good idea, I have to know if I infringe on any acts of confidentuality as I do not know the laws of forums, also If or when I release such info I will solely be responsable for any catalistic event that can come from this, if you take offence to any readings to another site club whats to stop highten aggressions against other car owners. May turn into football like hooligans, can you understand predicaments this brings?

tbourner
31-01-07, 14:51
We've had it before. No problems with sharing links - we could be members on other forums that's the idea of them, free information.

Did you use the same username on all the forums, cause I can't find any in the members lists on the 350z forums, RX7 US, Evo...

Lewis
31-01-07, 14:52
*sniff sniff* I smell......

I said I SMELL........

No really, I smell - going for a shower!

michael
31-01-07, 14:56
Perhaps you should change to another course, your ability to body-swerve questions and spout utter crap should set you up nicely for politics.

Good luck with your GCSEs when the time comes.

CJ
31-01-07, 14:57
I have links for the RX-7 and Skyline, but now I am thinking its a good idea, I have to know if I infringe on any acts of confidentuality as I do not know the laws of forums, also If or when I release such info I will solely be responsable for any catalistic event that can come from this, if you take offence to any readings to another site club whats to stop highten aggressions against other car owners. May turn into football like hooligans, can you understand predicaments this brings?
As Mr. Bourner has said, they are public forums that anyone can access.

shirokai
31-01-07, 14:59
Hi Usernames were different on each site as did not want someone to recognise the experiement as I had to confess on each site.

Please feel free with all your comments, The final paper will not have any quotation copied as this is an infringment all it will have are the different behavioural or similar behavioural patterns each club presented. However the paper is only 18,000 words long the complexity of members status which could influence their response. My paper will not be an exact science due to its limation of the unknown characters and their experience (deontological stance) which structure their whole view point. The paper will merely acknowledge very basic principles of universal community characteristics. I had to examin communities who hold what we class a grade 7 in passional beliefs

tbourner
31-01-07, 15:00
Still waiting for lancer-evo to validate my registration but lancerregister doesn't have anything on it related to this.

I'm searching for shirokai username, and words like 'thesis', '350z', 'winner', 'race' etc. in the last 3 months or so - any other ideas what he could have posted about?

tooquicktostop
Does your mom know your using the PC without her permission again

CJ
So, taking aside the latest round of bullshit statements, are you now going to post the links?

Todd
31-01-07, 15:01
Just ban this loser!

Lewis
31-01-07, 15:02
Hi Usernames were different on each site as did not want someone to recognise the experiement as I had to confess on each site.

Please feel free with all your comments, The final paper will not have any quotation copied as this is an infringment all it will have are the different behavioural or similar behavioural patterns each club presented. However the paper is only 18,000 words long the complexity of members status which could influence their response. My paper will not be an exact science due to its limation of the unknown characters and their experience (deontological stance) which structure their whole view point. The paper will merely acknowledge very basic principles of universal community characteristics. I had to examin communities who hold what we class a grade 7 in passional beliefs

So....if you have confessed on each site then a search on "experiment", "brighton uni" etc etc WILL come up with a post explaining the situation will it?

Mate, you lied, you came in the big man and left the midget with herpes, I would have more respect for you if you said "I'm full of shit, I made it up but you lot figured it out".

Now you are just providing amusement to those who can be bothered to continue the charade. Save yourself some dignity and bandwidth and go somewhere else.

Ta

tbourner
31-01-07, 15:02
Hey at least he can now add this outburst to his thesis, I wonder how the other sites reacted to his confession! :p

michael
31-01-07, 15:13
I wonder if the actual owner of the 350Z knows that some 8 year old kid is stealing his identity and getting him a bad reputation?

Lewis
31-01-07, 15:16
Iggy wiggy was a bin, an evil bin was he,
as iggy wiggy ignored Shirokai who's shit I no longer see.
but when he comes back unannounced
his name, a different one.
iggy then gets really pissed and reaches for his gun.

So save yourself some hassle
and bandwidth/leccy too
for I no longer see your text
as you are iggy poo.

You started as a forum troll,
your posts where full of shit,
you ended up a trifle droll,
now in iggy you will sit.

I could have just said I ignored him...............oh well

Matt H
31-01-07, 15:24
wow, why do people actually do this kind of thing? what a muppet, so his basis for a report consisted of one question?

a reckon he decided to get out and try to admit he was a tosser because he actually wants a supra and wants to join!!

Ban his ass!

shirokai
31-01-07, 15:28
Wow the expeiment is over now. Please feel free to pm me with email addresses as promised papers will be forwarded. All the best to everyone who participated and once again apologies to those who have taken offence.

Regards

Richard.

stevie_b
31-01-07, 15:43
Post the links please. Stop fillibustering.

CJ
31-01-07, 15:55
Post the links please. Stop fillibustering.

He can't - it was all bollocks :rolleyes:

Gamer
31-01-07, 16:02
If it is all bollocks, you have to at least give him credit for coming up with such a colourful story. ;)

tbourner
31-01-07, 16:02
Nothing on lancer-evo.net either.

RedM
31-01-07, 16:03
I wonder if the actual owner of the 350Z knows that some 8 year old kid is stealing his identity and getting him a bad reputation?

....and the lambo doors didn't?

Iggy wiggy was a bin, an evil bin was he,
as iggy wiggy ignored Shirokai who's shit I no longer see.
but when he comes back unannounced
his name, a different one.
iggy then gets really pissed and reaches for his gun.

So save yourself some hassle
and bandwidth/leccy too
for I no longer see your text
as you are iggy poo.

You started as a forum troll,
your posts where full of shit,
you ended up a trifle droll,
now in iggy you will sit.

Dude, that totally rhymes and shit.:blink:

imi
31-01-07, 16:19
Wow the expeiment is over now. Please feel free to pm me with email addresses

so he can use it as a marketing database of guinea pigs.

Bob
31-01-07, 16:41
Perhaps you should change to another course, your ability to body-swerve questions and spout utter crap should set you up nicely for politics.

Or he could become a tra . . . I shan't finish that sentence! :D

Lewis
31-01-07, 16:45
Or he could become a moderator :D

ross
31-01-07, 17:02
A psycology degree??????:blink:

Tell me about your mother.........

shirokai
15-05-07, 17:26
Paper almost done, 17,635 words later (limit is 20,000), 68 books in my bibliography, ill post up pdf file for viewability once its gone through as hand in date is 2nd of June. cheers everyone once again might even come to one of your supra meets to see some of you in person, would be nice. Ill go easy on you Lewis lol. Cheers everyone wish me luck, 1st with honours I hope

Havard
15-05-07, 17:31
I am not replying as this could be part of another experiment!!:rolleyes:

DOH!!

H.

Whitesupraboy2
15-05-07, 17:36
ok, I want at least one link in this thread before I go mental and do something stupid like trying to moderate!!! :D

Lewis
15-05-07, 17:41
ok, I want at least one link in this thread before I go mental and do something stupid like trying to moderate!!!

http://www.google.com

wow - forgot what happened when someone on your iggy list posts: This message is hidden because shirokai is on your ignore list.

Thanks for the reminder :)

CJ
15-05-07, 18:15
Paper almost done, 17,635 words later (limit is 20,000), 68 books in my bibliography, ill post up pdf file for viewability once its gone through as hand in date is 2nd of June. cheers everyone once again might even come to one of your supra meets to see some of you in person, would be nice. Ill go easy on you Lewis lol. Cheers everyone wish me luck, 1st with honours I hope

Methinks you are confusing us with people who give a shit :)

Whitesupraboy2
15-05-07, 18:17
http://www.google.com

Well i guess thats the link I asked for :rlol: :D

shirokai
15-05-07, 18:19
keep the comments rolling could add this all in, as still have around 3000 words to go ha ha just kidding :Popcorn: ;)

Whens the next meet any close to `brighton?

Havard
15-05-07, 20:04
Methinks you are confusing us with people who give a shit :)

Harsh but fair!! :D

H.

MarkTheBoy
15-05-07, 20:23
:Popcorn:

Havard
15-05-07, 20:29
:Popcorn:

Mark,

Love your sig, but is should be "your" and not "you're" ;)

H.

Class One
15-05-07, 20:49
Right I missed this thread first time round, must have been one of those rare occasions when i discovered that I had a life away from the forum.

Three line summary or less and should I issue a ban? :D

Tannhauser
15-05-07, 21:31
If you're for real, I can't think in what sense you have obtained informed consent for your study. Did you go for presumptive consent or not bother at all?

Also, you will be aware that each instance of the use of deception: (a) decreases the pool of genuinely naive participants available for research (increasing demand characteristics for everyone else) by increasing overall suspicion of psychologists, and (b) reinforces widely held stereotypes of psychologists forged in the 1960s and 1970s through the excesses of Social Influence researchers. Therefore deception, like antibiotics, should be used sparingly, and not for every candy-ass undergraduate project that comes along.

Nevertheless, again assuming that you are for real, good luck with your degree.

Please learn to spell 'cognitive' (unless 'cognative' is some abstruse term I've never come across), as it hurts my eyes.

DaveK
15-05-07, 22:07
I don't entirely understand why you would even need to make false posts if you really needed to do this study. Surely there are enough threads on here to see how the pack behaves?

Having said that - I think the one interesting aspect is that this is the first new member thread with this many replies where the original poster is not a girl!

TonyP
15-05-07, 22:11
:yawn: :ban:

shirokai
15-05-07, 22:17
Thankyou for your comments Richard is my pseudo name, I was a shot girl for an agency and did alot of nights at Creations nightclub my first year at university, never again if guys arent gay around here they just become pricks and try and grab you thinking thats what you like. Tannhauser thankyou for your comments but if names are not listed in the thesis then such a research can take place. Also posing as male in comparison to female derives completely opposite responses, hence the importance to act as a male on this particular site. How else can I retrieve a natural response? Sorry for spelling mistake, thank god for spell checker in word lol. xxx

michael
15-05-07, 22:25
Three line summary or less and should I issue a ban? :D

Ban, yes.

Summary:

Lies (http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=94812)
Lies (http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=97653)
Lies (http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=97864)

Basically a troll.

Class One
15-05-07, 22:48
Ban, yes.

Summary:

Lies (http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=94812)
Lies (http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=97653)
Lies (http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=97864)

Basically a troll.

Interesting summary michael, thankyou.

I'm interested why "shirokai" didn't approach the admin here and run past his/her idea and seek any form of consent before collecting data for his/her thesis. At the least it would have been polite to do so and wouldn't have impacted on the intergrity or impartiality of the collected data or its use.

Instead, the methodology used to collect the data, in my opinion lacked any form of integrity and also diminishes any credibility because the data or behaviours collected were done so under a false pretence.

I also note, that the posting style was not made in an objective manner, but rather in a way to provoke certain, almost expected or anticipated behaviours , because it would be obvious to a person of Sun reader intelligence (no offence intended to those that do) that to disrespect or even insult the object of an enthusiasts passion, such as belonging to a collective or a certain marque of car, is going to provoke those responses.

I'm trying my hardest to remain openminded, however tonight I'm feeling rather beligerent towards you, as you have, sought deliberately to visit this forum, with the sole intention to provoke, annoy and insult our members under the pretence of collection data for a thesis.

So therefore, it is, without any regret whatsover, that I ban you. There are ways of contacting the club, if you feel unfairly or harshly treated, but I expect that you have probably factored that in to your thesis as an expected response from the forum moderators once you had been discovered.

I may however be wrong. I have known to be wrong in the past, and I'm open enough to admit that. Perhaps you could send your thesis when submitted to us via the contact us button on the front page.

Bye.

Bob
15-05-07, 23:02
Yay! Go Doug! :D

RedM
15-05-07, 23:04
Can we have more people banned please? I've got loads of suggestions.

michael
15-05-07, 23:09
:more:

Havard
15-05-07, 23:16

Me, Me, Me!!! I need to get my life back at least for 24 hours!!:rolleyes: Unless something goes wrong with my car, then I would like to be re-instated to get some advice!!:D

H.

Thorin
16-05-07, 09:24

AndyT
16-05-07, 09:25

:rlol: :D

Whitesupraboy2
16-05-07, 09:25

You want a ban? :D

RobSheffield
16-05-07, 09:26
Nice one Doug :)

T2 MSW
17-05-07, 11:20
Me, Me, Me!!! I need to get my life back at least for 24 hours!!:rolleyes: Unless something goes wrong with my car, then I would like to be re-instated to get some advice!!:D

H.

Yeah :ban: then we can all take the piss without you knowing lol

Havard
17-05-07, 11:26
Yeah :ban: then we can all take the piss without you knowing lol

You are confusing me with someone who gives a sh!t Mike.........:D

I love this forum but it is slowly ruining my life.

H.

T2 MSW
17-05-07, 13:27
:rlol: