The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mini-meet, Sat 17th Feb

SteveR

Can everyone who is coming/thinking about coming please PM me their email address and I'm send you some info. Ta! :)

Confirmed plan...

10:00am meet at the Bluebell Pub, Malvern (10 mins from M5 J7). Roughly here, slightly to the left of the circle but unmissable.

10:30am depart, via a nearby road for a snap of the cars in front of the Malvern Hills.

Head out to the Brecons (PM me for route details - I'll also print some on the day) - total just under 200 miles, taking in plenty of;

• twisty bits
  • fastish bits
  • fast AND twisty bits! :D
  • a tunnel
  • 3~4 photo stops along the way
  • pub finish

After trying the route out in the Scorpio (see photos) I expect we'll be at the pub for about 4ish.

Ask any questions you may have, throw in any suggestions you may have, but most importantly - get your names down... :thumbs:

A few photos of bits of the route/suggested photoshoot spots are attached.

---

Questions answered:

Where is Malvern?

- Malvern is 10 mins from M5 J7 (from the North) or M50 J1 (from the South). Click here for a map.

Petrol

- There is a Texaco petrol station 8 miles into the route (98 RON), and a Shell station 60 miles into the route (V POWER).

Food

- There is a roadside burger bar thing we could stop at, it is roughly half way through the route, is in a massive car park, and is at a spot with really nice views.... I will poll opinion on the day. :)

A.jpg

B.jpg

D.jpg

E.jpg

Wales-4.jpg

Wales-5.jpg

G.jpg

H.jpg

I.jpg

tunnel.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i am going to come but where is malvern? :search:

1. SteveR (& Kate), Silver J-Spec TT6

2. Carl, Silver J-Spec TT

3. Bob & wife, Silver J-spec TT (auto)

4. Mk47 & Mrs Mk47. Black Jspec TT

i am going to come but where is malvern?

10 mins from M5 J7 matey :thumbs:

I'm thinking very carefully about where is a sensible place to meet, so that everyone can find it. Will provide detailed maps/directions nearer the time, and dish out my mobile number just in case. :)

EDIT: I've added an overview map to the first post.

Guest Nicholas
ah just checked thats about 80 miles from me :( may have to give it a miss.

C'mon Maz you big :limp: i'm sure we can talk ashbhp and a few others to go... convoy from Leicester :D plus I need to try out my new ECU with the new map :eyebrows:

80 miles? That's less than an hour on the motorway!:innocent:

i suppose so! you going up bob?

C'mon Maz you big :limp: i'm sure we can talk ashbhp and a few others to go... convoy from Leicester :D plus I need to try out my new ECU with the new map :eyebrows:

lol yeah i think i was acting a bit :limp: like you :p ive changed my mind ill be there. have a word with ash and ill also see if my other mates are up for it.

Or half an hour if you push it.:innocent: :blink: :eyebrows: :p

try 25 mins hehee

Guest Nicholas

lol yeah i think i was acting a bit :limp: like you :p ive changed my mind ill be there. have a word with ash and ill also see if my other mates are up for it.

You have mates??? :D

--

plus possibly...

?

A couple of mates will be joining us, one on a motorbike and one in a modded SAAB 9000 Turbo. :)

I will give 2 other owners in the area a shout, one lives round the corner and another lives on the other siode of town.

Pete, Burna, Martin R & Ian R, trick.... you lot have to come :p

Guest Nicholas

--

plus possibly...

5. Supranick - depending on times as I have to pick my girlfriend up from the airport :)

Supranick - depending on times as I have to pick my girlfriend up from the airport :)

from the airport she says.. just pick her up from mine ;)

Now, now Lads, let us not bring females into the equation!

Looks like the snow will keep you all at home anyway so I won't miss anything after all.....woo, ha, ha, ha, ha, wooohh, ha ha! .............I hope.

Hopefully the sodding wedding is off. I might declare my reasons for why they cannot be married in matromony and leg it down to the meet :)

Greg

It's next weekend, not this weekend Greg. The snow might stop me from going on a reccie tomorrow but hopefully will have shifted by Sunday (10DegC forecast). Think I've found some ace roads, but want to check them out in advance. Will bring back dodgy phone pics of sections of the route if I make it out. :)