The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Huge Thankyou to MKIV Store, Martin and Jody and Team

mattanna

Well the moment of truth came today, i went to collect the Aristo from MKIV Store/Interpro after it has been away some 4.5 months. The car has had an entire stripdown and rebuild, with new pumps, arp studs, ferrea guides etc etc, the block was in a bad way and pistons etc could not be honed so it also has had a rebore and 86.5mm overbore pistons(je) fitted, it is worth mentioning that as this was an unexpected event Martin asked me to pay £500 towards the rebore, pistons and rings, he paid the rest. He also gave me two j spec low mileage turbos free as mine were shot, the car has also had tein hr aristo specific suspension fitted which is fully damp and height adjustable, it has also had a stainless steel 3 inch twin exit exhaust fitted as well as hks delimiter(to be done after run in). Today Martin picked me up from the station, bought me breakfast and then took me to get the car, here i met Jody. I have been very impressed by the work that has been done and they have all gone out of their way to sort the car, for instance a heater hose had split, it was replaced free as well as an issue with the power steering pump which took 2 days to sort ,again no additional labour charge. Martin has his reasons for going which are sound, Jody is a top guy and what he says is what he does, the guys at interpro know their stuff to say the least, there are signed posters from rally teams etc on the wall thanking them for building great cars etc, and whilst i was there customers kept on coming, they are bastard busy and in demand. This work has cost me over £5000 but the car is awesome, i just have 800 miles to run in, they even gave me extra oil to top it up during run in!!. I hope they gain trader status again, and if you are nearby(or even if you are not)it is worth getting a quote off them.

I wish Martin good luck and can't thank them all enough, i have a warranty too if anything is a miss which is good to know, but on the drive back the car did not miss a beat, all be it at 3000 rpm or below, i also saw Martins lovely blue single turbo Supra which does not have a private plate on it!!, none of money was stolen and as far as i can tell my car has not been raced or drifted in, it was also fully valeted, polished and undersealed when i got it back, a main dealer would not come close to this type of service imo, know it's a long post but there you go, will report back when i can let the power go

cheers

Matt:)

What is even better is that i had the tein suspension for £525 fitted including wheel alignment, it is used but not much and is list price £1000 + fitting new and the exhaust for £350 fitted which again is nearly new and nice and shiny, aristo twin exhaust are not cheap so am well pleased, sold to me by Martin as were his bits

having read your experiance with mkiv superstore/ interpro i can only confirm satisfaction, the last two saturdays jody as sorted out the front of my car with new uk spec headlights,facelift indicators and clear wing lights that totally transforms my car, fitted de-limiter with the minimum labour charge and as you said as martin as left, speaking to jody he's trying to get things going and has plenty of ideas and hopefuly things will pay off, seems a top bloke and willing to help you out with sound advice. met the other guys at interpro seem very helpfull aswell, worth a visit !!

Yes thanks all, i am very pleased, i kept the car basically stock as thats what i want, there has been some conjecture on this site but i am sure thats how it goes with a lot of things in life, i'd like to think that this site is a positive place and we can all contribute positively, all i know is Jody works his ass off as well as Simon and Jason and Shaun and Dave at Interpro(and Martin did for me), they are a good firm, i am no mechanic etc but have a lot of life experience, and also could not really afford all this work, had to count on a lot of favours to get it done(thanks Dad and Mum) and mortgage company but life is like that. In my job as a senior intensive care charge nurse i see a lot of the bad side of life(and with 12 years in nursing and having been an organ donor transplant co-ordinator) i would hope that this counts as the good side of it, i will hang around on this forum; it is worth it, i have nothing to gain by pushing Jody etc but i have known Martin for over a year now and was introduced to him by this site and it has turned out nice as George Formby would say!!, lets try and help each other out, i have been guilty of a few silly posts on here but i hope to meet a lot of you in the coming year at meets etc i have some good connections on the scene i.e Forge motorsports. Everyone has a bad side but there is a lot of good to be gained on sites like this and life is too short etc, thanks for all your comments and good luck to everyone with their cars and again please excuse the typos have had a few drinks by now but mean what i say thanks to Martin and Jody again and a big up to all members and traders on this site(including Mods!!)

cheers

Matt:)

Glad you are pleased, lets see some pics :)

Yes hopefully pics tomorrow, nothing special but for the weight of this car it will fly, we are talking M3 and not that far from M5 territory for what has been about £8000 in total, plus i could go single with no further mods bar brakes really, it really is a sleeper, heard a lovely comment today by a guy who normally drives a Subaru and had borrowed an Aristo and got pulled by the Plod, they were nice as pie to him in the Aristo but arseholes to him in the Subaru, be careful out there there is always more than meets the eye!!:p