The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying a car is hard work!

CJ

If you thought buying as a punter was hard work, then you really have to try buying as a trader :(

I found a car for sale that I wanted. It is a 1994 TT 6 speed in silver with nice low mileage and managed to get it for a fair price. I emailed the seller to arrange payment and got ignored - several times. Now normally I would have moved on but this is happening more and more lately so I thought I would dig my heels in. I managed to get hold of his mobile number and sent several txt messages but again he ignored me. He had obviously decided against selling but didn't have the balls to speak to me.

Then I got a stroke of luck - I found out where he worked and managed to get a response from him. I got the usual BS of being away, granny died, etc etc. He then says that he wants to have the money in his account before viewing the car. I say i would much prefer to come along, make sure all is as advertised and pay him cash there and then - he refuses! After several long and drawn out exchanges, we have finally agreed to me picking it up, taking along cash and having his bank verify it isn't dodgy money.

And people think we don't earn our profit. ;)

If you thought buying as a punter was hard work, then you really have to try buying as a trader :(

I found a car for sale that I wanted. It is a 1994 TT 6 speed in silver with nice low mileage and managed to get it for a fair price. I emailed the seller to arrange payment and got ignored - several times. Now normally I would have moved on but this is happening more and more lately so I thought I would dig my heels in. I managed to get hold of his mobile number and sent several txt messages but again he ignored me. He had obviously decided against selling but didn't have the balls to speak to me.

Then I got a stroke of luck - I found out where he worked and managed to get a response from him. I got the usual BS of being away, granny died, etc etc. He then says that he wants to have the money in his account before viewing the car. I say i would much prefer to come along, make sure all is as advertised and pay him cash there and then - he refuses! After several long and drawn out exchanges, we have finally agreed to me picking it up, taking along cash and having his bank verify it isn't dodgy money.

And people think we don't earn our profit. ;)

he wanted the money BEFORE you saw the car? :rlol:

A Hassle indeed.....whats the reason for him being so difficult? I hope the car is kosher for your sake....

I am lucky enough to be taking along someone who has owned several Supras and is used to looking at second hand cars - ME! :D

Thorin - buying a car as a trader is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman ... you discuss the price, pay in cash up front, and hope you don't end up with a manual ;)

Sorry, I'll get my coat.

“Buying a car is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman. Somewhere along the line one of you is going to get well and truly fucked!”

:rlol:

Buying a second hand car is like making love to a beautiful woman. Firstly you need to inspect the bodywork for any imperfections. Then you must check that the interior is up to scratch and not worn or loose. Finally, after warming her up, you give her a seriously hard session.

If she still purrs at the end, then you know you are on a winner. :D