The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel alignment - RC developments

T2 MSW

Has anyone used RC Developments in Warrington for a full alignment on their supra??

Not used them but will be interested to hear what people have to say. Not too far from me.

John

It's a turbulent story going back a few years now but before I knew shit about cars I entrusted mine to them and asked them to check the fuelling.

They checked it using the stock narrowband O2 sensor, as admitted by them in front of witnesses at TOTB1.

As I know now and everyone else in this industry who knows anything, the stock narrowband sensor will cheerfully report a rich condition while your engine runs lean under boost and blows up. Which is exactly what happened.

I'd had the car about 4 months and was still heavily loaned-up, and suddenly had a five grand bill for a new engine and labour. That event and therefore their bought-and-paid-for 'service' nearly ended my Supra ownership there and then.

So I don't like the fuckers. I don't care if it's got different people or they have actually learnt how to measure AFRs at last or that it's 4 years ago, until they give me five grand I'll carry on relaying this story and I'm fairly sure it's cost them more than £5k in lost business already :nana:

-Ian

The fancy alignment rigs are no use at all if the people using them don't understand what they are doing. I have no idea if RC are good, bad or indifferent, but don't choose the best alignment place on the cost of their equipment. You can get a spot on job with very basic stuff, and it's less easy to make a mistake with the simple gear. You also need to know what to do in order to achieve a given goal.

Appreciate the post chris and the advice. By all acounts from people on this site you are the best in this area (and lots of others too) and from that alone I would bring the car to you. I have however already spoken to you about this car and I do appreciate your honesty but the impression I got was you would prefer to stay clear due to the fact the car has 19s on it.

I understand your view and agree that the car will never handle like on stock but the reason I want to get the full alignment done is because there is an issue with it (and always has been). Whilst im at it I would also like to get the camber etc ajusted to suit 19" wheels as best as possible.

The fancy alignment rigs are no use at all if the people using them don't understand what they are doing. I have no idea if RC are good, bad or indifferent, but don't choose the best alignment place on the cost of their equipment. You can get a spot on job with very basic stuff, and it's less easy to make a mistake with the simple gear. You also need to know what to do in order to achieve a given goal.

I went to Chris last year,wouldn't go anywhere else now.Top bloke who know's his stuff.