The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wrong exhaust, cut and shut?

Bakerboy

Hi peeps,

After waiting 4 weeks I finally got my Blitz nur spec R cat back exhaust to be fitted on my 95 N/A supra aerotop, and found out that I was sent the wrong part.

I'm not naming names, but was obviously not happy with this as i've been waiting ages for it to come and to be fitted.

Sending it back and waiting ages again is the last thing I want to do, so the reputable garage said as an option they can 'cut and shut it' to fit my car as I was sent the vvti model.

Now, I know i'm not going to get the performance I should, I'm mainly after the sound so i'd like to ask:

1. Is there any risk to the car as it's the wrong model? I.E engine management problems?

2. Any other issues that I should be aware of?

Thanks guys, rushed post sorry due to it being looked at the moment..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt it, so long as the welds are good then it is no different to fabricating a new one really.

Are you sure they are mounting it correctly?

I don't doubt what you are saying, I just never realised there was a difference in the exhaust system on the VVTi

Any ideas if I can expect problems with a cut and shut?

To be very honest mate, I don't think it should be a case of you expecting problems for the cut'n'shut method as the trader should be replacing it at a rapid rate of knots - what have they said about rectifying the issue (and rectifying it fast).

I for one wouldn't be putting up with this type of inconvenience mucka;)

To be very honest mate, I don't think it should be a case of you expecting problems for the cut'n'shut method as the trader should be replacing it at a rapid rate of knots - what have they said about rectifying the issue (and rectifying it fast).

I for one wouldn't be putting up with this type of inconvenience mucka;)

They said they would replace it but to be honest i've been waiting long enough, i'm sending the induction kit back which they also got wrong but if the exhaust can be fitted it will be fitted basically.

They said they would replace it but to be honest i've been waiting long enough, i'm sending the induction kit back which they also got wrong but if the exhaust can be fitted it will be fitted basically.

So they fecked up the exhaust and the induction kit order eh! - time to have a word I think. That sounds like a very sub-standard service IMO:thumbdown:

Don't let impatience be your downfall as no one will answer your threads in a few days when you write a thread stating your exhaust is in tatters.

I wont, i'm aware of the risk i'm taking but it's in good hands and I trust them to do a good job.

I obviously won't order from them again, like I said I just want to see what problems I could face if any I don't want more delays or hassle they've lost me as a customer which is the worst I can do.

I wont, i'm aware of the risk i'm taking but it's in good hands and I trust them to do a good job.

I obviously won't order from them again, like I said I just want to see what problems I could face if any I don't want more delays or hassle they've lost me as a customer which is the worst I can do.

Name and Shame Time:)

The N/A cat back systems usually have more baffling in the boxes as the turbos are not present to absorb a lot of the exhaust energy (noise), but fitment wise a TT, VVTi and N/A cat back systems are interchangeable. Some people like a TT/VVTi cat back system fitted to an N/A as they are noisier with even less back pressure.

The N/A cat back systems usually have more baffling in the boxes as the turbos are not present to absorb a lot of the exhaust energy (noise), but fitment wise a TT, VVTi and N/A cat back systems are interchangeable. Some people like a TT/VVTi cat back system fitted to an N/A as they are noisier with even less back pressure.

JUST what I needed to hear, great news :D

Had my Miami-GT fitted at Triton too - they're reliable guys and will make every effort to make it fit. Because it hung a bit too low they even re-jigged mine to make it sit higher.

Loads of threads on here about the exhausts being the same fit for NA, TT and VVTi - as CW says the only real difference is the noise absorption.