The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Mods

JamesRZ

Hi

I have had my J-spec TT off the road for a couple of months now to get little bits sorted so far i have customised the interior and done a boot build, I wanted to get it back on the road for march but wanted to get the engine side done as well so i am replacing the valve stem seals what sort of performance bits would everyone recommend, its got a HKS Hi- Power Exhaust with decats and restrictor ring, Blitz LM filter, Walbro Fuel Pump, Tein Springs, IK24 plugs, FMIC and back to stock turbos(Dont ask).

Your car is BPU now James so it really depends on what you want out of life (i.e. how much power from the engine). The next real thing after BPU is a few tuning mods but other than that, you've only got the Hybrid Turbo route; the upgraded Twin route or the single option!

Up to you Sir!

I would probably go hybrid again when i have the money, its up to 90,000 miles what bits of the engine whould you say to replace upgrade just to be safe their is nothing really wrong with it i just thought while i have got in the garage i might as well cover myself.

I would probably go hybrid again when i have the money, its up to 90,000 miles what bits of the engine whould you say to replace upgrade just to be safe their is nothing really wrong with it i just thought while i have got in the garage i might as well cover myself.

I would say nothing at the moment. These engines can go on and on so I would just ensure that the oils and fluids are changed; the filter and SMIC/FMIC are both in good condition and the plugs & battery are OK.

nothing else I can think off at the moment.

If it has been serviced well then I won't mention things like Fuel and oil filters etc

EDIT: However James, a Supra always reacts well to a good service!

I have always serviced it well since buying it oil and filter 2-3 weeks and full service every 6 weeks with diff and oil fluid bit of overkill wont hurt though espically when i can get the parts and oil so cheap through work! I thought about the brakes as i just run with OEM discs and red stuff pads and never had problems. What would you recommend?

The brake upgrade will depend on your budget and what calipers you already have fitted to your car, if you have the smaller jap brakes then larger 4 pot calipers and disks are a good upgrade along with the rear calipers and disks as well( if budget allows)

front and rear calipers + discs and pads is circa £900 + fitting time.

A lot of people just upgrade the fronts without any issues.