The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jamie's Demo of GT4088 Turbo from T88

Jonty

WOW

:blink:
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

My internal organs have been rearranged by this amazing small inspirational fun turbo. I would describe it as warp 10+ with amazing spool and mega torque - the power is on tap from almost turning the key:d . Jamie had T88 big single, so to convert him it had to be amazing.:eyebrows: Last night I was blown away with the performance and it's good bye to my old T78 so Turbofit will hot swap em for me and Dan to tweak the map. If you are looking for something very special and devistatingly quick from off the mark, lots of fun to drive, street burner then this is one hot turbo. If you have had the pleasure of being a passenger with Jamie then it will redefine what the Supra is capable of I'm booked in for Drfit lessons at the earliest opportunity on a noise free track day. Think JP will be staring the next Fast and Furious - London docklands next film location. Big Turbo still cool - luv HKS T51 SPL however for another project car me thinks;)

This turbo comes with a health warning very addictive - all other sports cars will be minced:p ! ta Jamie !

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But hold on a second, does Jamie's car respond because of the turbo, or because of ALL the excellent mods working in harmony. He has spent many thousands on doing that engine up....putting that turbo in a standardish engine will be a lot different....or not???

But hold on a second, does Jamie's car respond because of the turbo, or because of ALL the excellent mods working in harmony. He has spent many thousands on doing that engine up....putting that turbo in a standardish engine will be a lot different....or not???

Good question, i dont know really as i done so many mods at once.

Jonty is having his fitted in a couple of weeks so lets see what he thinks then:)

Im sure Dan/Turbofit will turn it into a monster:)

Didn't i tell you about the wonders of the gt4088 jamie at the vid meet ;) yes it is one amazing turbo, but i keep wondering why i hear people saying it small :blink: it's a big turbo and is doing great things in the u.s.

I did my research before picking this turbo roger clark himself is making 850bhp from this turbo from an close decked block ej20 (now 2.3) we have 3.0litres :eyebrows:

What size version did you go for mine is the biggest size you can get and it's still so so streetable in how it makes boost did you go for the r version with the anti surge??

I will post my findings once she is tuned on the bigger injectors :) :cool: every weekend when i have taken the supra out it just makes me smile so much and i'm limited to about 0.6 and it hits so hard :eyebrows: :cool: :)

It is a small turbo, mine is the non ball bearing version , i cant remember exact sizes but its only just larger than a T61.

I rekon ill make somewhere around 550bhp with good torque when finished mapping.

Its making full boost at 3100rpm according to the datalogs, no big turbo would ever do that.

to quote some people who know there beans

gt4088R, capable of up to 880 whp, our 42R is capable of up to 1280 whp):

good read for you and any other person thinking about the gt40-88

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-317115.html

you must have a different turbo to me becuase the 4088-r i have is about the same size as a or a little smaller than a PT67 P-trim and about the same size as a to4z hks turbo

all three are capable of around 800 flywheel without being pushed to hard like i said roger clark have had 850bhp at 2.0 bar

table here

mine is bigger than the one in the table but makes boost at around 2500 and full boost should and will come in at around the same as yours at 3100 at a guess maybe a little later we shall see :cool: rememeber if you go on the garratt website you'll see there are lots of differant option for a/r sizes etc.

with this turbo it's all in the weight of the turbine blades and the amount of veins or blades used by garratt in the turbo it's very cleverly engineered people get to caught up in ar and trims sizes all the time that not what just makes the power spool etc there is alot more to a turbo than people think and garratt have made a corker of a turbo in the gt4088, again have a gander on that link i put up some good reading.

does it have the anti surge housing, it does appear you have the smallest compressor and turbine wheel for a 4088 so yes as you say it's max potential will be less but still a very capable turbo and as you say a little bigger than a t61, there is 3 size options bigger for each housing, i'm sure then that it must be such a good streetable turbo :) :cool: guessing my full boost will happen later than that but so far i'm so please.

Glad your having fun and achieving some great results with this jamie :cool: thumbs up dan :) :cool:

but considering you have a q45 and greddy plenum and lairy cams it's seems the results are amazing.

gt4088R, capable of up to 880 whp, our 42R is capable of up to 1280 whp):

I'd take that with a massive pinch of salt. We run the largest 42R there is at 2.4 bar, fully built engine and head, Virtual Works intake manifold, Full Race header, 4" pipework, 4 row etc (so basically about as efficient as you can get) and still only make 935hp at the hubs!

You need a GT47 or a 55 to get that level of horsepower on a Supra!

Gaz.

I'd take that with a massive pinch of salt. We run the largest 42R there is at 2.4 bar, fully built engine and head, Virtual Works intake manifold, Full Race header, 4" pipework, 4 row etc (so basically about as efficient as you can get) and still only make 935hp at the hubs!

You need a GT47 or a 55 to get that level of horsepower on a Supra!

Gaz.

agreed and also just noticed it was a guy on that threads own development version of that turbo.

roger clark uses the same 4088r as me and at 2.0bar it produces 850bhp at the flywheel yes on race fuel of course i dont expect to go anywhere near this so i'm not bothered if it is attainable or not i'd be after 700bhp tops fingers crossed:eyebrows:

thought it did :) :cool: would love to have a ride in yours jamie to show me what i have to look forward to, i'm guessing i'll be all ready around april times as funds have dried up and are stalling me :( :D