The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stubby aerials

AndrewOW

I don't know if anyone else has taken up this matter, but I thought I would stick my neck out anyway.

Some time ago, before MKiv Store disappeared, Carlos and Imi were getting some stubby aerials designed and mocked up. They only had a bracket to source. The thread seems to have died along with MKiv Store, so I would like to know if these are still going to be made/sold at all, cos I'm very interested in one.

Maybe if anyone is still interested, and to generate some enthusiasm to get these finished, I will hereby start a list of members who would also like one too.

If this is a repost, or they have been sourced elsewhere, then I apologise in advance!

01. SupasupraGZ

I don't know if anyone else has taken up this matter, but I thought I would stick my neck out anyway.

Some time ago, before MKiv Store disappeared, Carlos and Imi were getting some stubby aerials designed and mocked up. They only had a bracket to source. The thread seems to have died along with MKiv Store, so I would like to know if these are still going to be made/sold at all, cos I'm very interested in one.

Maybe if anyone is still interested, and to generate some enthusiasm to get these finished, I will hereby start a list of members who would also like one too.

If this is a repost, or they have been sourced elsewhere, then I apologise in advance!

01. SupasupraGZ

Have you got another supplier...? Cause if you do, and he can get these to us then I am definitely interested.

Mike (other supplier) is either too busy or not really interested in making this happen.

Oh sod. Really? I don't have another supplier, but if I can find a seller in the US, we might be able to get them for a group buy or something.

I will do a thorough search and see if its possible. It will give me something to do, as I don't seem to have any work at the moment!

From the last thread there seems to be a lot of interest which is good. Can I suggest the following course of action first:

- Find a Supplier...(we DONT have one at the moment)

- Get a price

- Gauge interest

- Group Buy (with mods permission) for members only for 1-2 weeks before it closes.

PREVIOUS THREAD WITH PICS AND ALL PREVIOUS DETAILS

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=72593&highlight=stubby+aerials

After having a good search around, I found a couple of threads on Supraforums about them.

Seems like the Honda S2000 replacement kit will fit directly into the Supra body. I have done a search on getting these, but everywhere seems to be out of stock! Typical.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258270&highlight=short+antenna

And somebody made his own and published his procedure:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381183&highlight=short+antenna

I would prefer the direct replacement, which I'm hoping I can source in the UK. I'll keep looking!

The ebay site used on Supraforum

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLACK-Short-Antenna-Toyota-Corolla-Matrix-XRS-Prius-A_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33639QQihZ015QQitemZ250020127223QQrdZ1

I am more than happy to order one of these kits from either site and have a go if you lot want me too... i have free weekends.

Seems like that auction has ended, unless you know of the site.

I just phoned Honda here in Sussex, and they can supply the units at a cost of £133.30 + VAT. Eek. A little bit expensive methinks!

As the antenna/aerial will be much shorter there will be the need for electronic amplification to maintain a stronger signal. That shark attack one would look nice, but you could suffer from bad reception.

Maybe I might just get an internal aerial and get the hole filled.

What size bolt/screw hole does the current arial fitting have on the out side (the big fishing pole part). is it a 5mm male thread???

***ok have purchased a cheep one from ebay, soon see if its any good, and if it is i will let you all know, for that price I dont mind a bit of trial and error lol.***

No I'm not giving up, but in US the Honda parts are a few dollars, but over here they are ridiculous. Shame they are out of stock on the recommended locust site thingy.

If you want to try and get one from the site you're talking of Monkey, then it'll be very interesting. yes I think it is a 5mm male thread according to the Supraforums article.

No I'm not giving up, but in US the Honda parts are a few dollars, but over here they are ridiculous. Shame they are out of stock on the recommended locust site thingy.

If you want to try and get one from the site you're talking of Monkey, then it'll be very interesting. yes I think it is a 5mm male thread according to the Supraforums article.

well i have ordered one and will wait to see what arrives... I wont hold my breath, but any thing has to be better than what we have now.:D