The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tinting rears and hatch

Wez

so you saying the small rear quaters are the same price as the back window !

Still ....good price!;)

Nearly the same amount of effort involved. Plus 25 nuggets is a nice easy number :) I could put it up if you like? :D

Wez - Fitted, what are you talking about? You have to do it yourself :innocent:

(thats a joke if anyone hasn't woke up yet)

Nearly the same amount of effort involved. Plus 25 nuggets is a nice easy number :) I could put it up if you like? :D

Wez - Fitted, what are you talking about? You have to do it yourself :innocent:

(thats a joke if anyone hasn't woke up yet)

Ha ha ... well you could coz I haven't said I want it yet (well i do but ...) lol :D

There is a law change and MOT change imminent, so you well be forced to remove any heavy tints shortly. My wife got told yesterday that her Jeep may not pass an MOT next year with dark side and rear window tints. That pleased me, I don't like the thing at the best of times, although it's been useful pulling trees down in the wood recently, and I like it even less when it looks like an inpoverished drug mules car.

The actual problem that people gloss over is that clear glass (at average car window thickness) allows 86% light transmission, all manufacturers add tint of some kind for cooling and UV protection etc. which brings it down to between 70% and 80%, if you add ANY film you risk going below the 70% limit. This means you have modified your car to make it unroadworthy and therefore invalidates your insurance!!!!

You can have ANY film behind the drivers seat. If you really want you could replace your windows with inch think steel.