The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scary Blackjax Moment and Car Shutdown!

Sheefa

Jesus, not happy about today.

On the way to football down a local B-road and all of a sudden the power cut, engine shut down, no PAS and no Warning lights either! I pulled to the side of the road, half on, half off though. :rolleyes:

Basically, I think I forgot to input the Blackjax code when I set off, but then I don't remember any WARNING lights flashing at me and funnily enough, when the car shut down, the alarm didn't go off!! :( I couldn't start it until I put the code in again, but no siren and flashing lights. The Blackjax function has worked perfectly before though.

I think it may be fuse related as I blew the Horn/Haz fuse last night changing my horn and haven't had time to replace today. Could this shut down the alarm though???

Help!

Thanks,

Greg

I reckon I got about 800 metres before it shut down. I'm positive it's user error, but don't get why the alarm didn't sound. Not good.

I need to go back to MotorGuard to sort the sensitivity of the sonic sensors anyway, so I'll get it checked just in case.

Pete - yes, but it's worked perfectly for the last 3-4 weeks mate when I had it installed. The wiring has been tidied up a lot by the Motorguard guys who seem bloody good at their job.

Any other advice as to the problem? :)

Thanks guys,

Greg

Martin, yes Auto mate, but absolutely blasted it coming off my drive, reckon I hit 60 in about 4.5!

That's the trouble, I didn't see or hear any bleeping signs, flashing indicators etc on my dash, because of the fuse I think, but also because I had my stereo exceptionally loud. :)

You didn't let the oil warm-up before blasting it? Shame on you.

I suppose you could have your stereo up loud enough to not hear it.

When you say the alarm didn't go off do you mean the warning alarm or the full works when the car is stopped and undriveable?

I reckon CW has set it like that because he just can't get enough of your car. :p

Great advice there Simon.:rolleyes:

Martin, had the car idling on the drive for a bit mate, not that foolish!

Yep, no sirens no anything when the engine cut out. Normally it's fine, but this time absolutely nothing!!! Maybe I didn't hear the warning signs, but I would of heard the alarm sitting on the side of the road!!

Chris does indeed hate my car, but my car loves him. She just keeps coming back. It's a love-hate relationship. :)

ive only had this once on my older civic, was a very loose battery terminal rather than my alarm.

Just a suggestion

Oh godamn. I had this happen to me last summer. So scary I'd forgotten about it. Going downhill toward a corner and then NOTHING! Managed to navigate corner, hit sunken manhole cover and car came back to life. No alarms and no Blackjax. It was a loose terminal on the battery.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=69915&highlight=battery

Shit - it did it again earlier on may back from Hecklers.

I punched in the code once it reminded me once, it accepted it with a single beep, and then shut down the car 10 secs after with no alarm/sirens. Something weird is up.

Gonna have to take it back to the Alarm guys, it can't be anything else surely????! :(

Help!

Greg