The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi I'm new and have a few questions

Guest turbo jon

Guest turbo jon

Hi everyone

I currently have a celica gt4 and am hopefully going to be buy a twin turbo supra within the next few months. I would really want a black twin turbo manual aerotop, which i realise is going to be impossible, i think it will be hard enough to find a black twin turbo, with either a manual box or aerotop. so my question is what would it cost to covert an auto to manual? and how much would it cost roughly to fabricate an aerotop?

One other question i have is has anyone gone from a gt4 to a tt supra? my one concern is i will be going from a 330hp, awd, rally car with is sooooo forgiving. To a 350hp'ish, rwd, gt car that will bite you if you make a wrong move. so how forgiveing are they?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Cheers

Jon

Putting a manual gearbox in is not too hard a job, current record I believe is 8 hours, cost wise I believe is roughly 2.5k to 3k depending on where you sources parts and things..

As for an aerotop conversion, don't even dare think about it, search around the forum and you will see that it is not a practical solution due to different chassis strengthen between the two models.

You are better of going for an auto to manual conversion on an aero than making a hardtop an aerotop due to the safety aspect i would have thought.

They arent too bad in the dry to be honest, mine has loads of grip. Make sure you have decent tyres tho!

In the wet or cold they are a different story.

One other question i have is has anyone gone from a gt4 to a tt supra? my one concern is i will be going from a 330hp, awd, rally car with is sooooo forgiving. To a 350hp'ish, rwd, gt car that will bite you if you make a wrong move. so how forgiving are they?

In the wet? Not at all!! Softly Softly with that right foot is definitely a good idea. Just have a look at the posts since the weather went crappy!

I made the same jump you did, but from an ST185, well worth it IMO.

BTW welcome :)

Guest turbo jon

Thanks

I did sort of figure about the aerotop conversion, i have seen it done in other car with a cage ect. i would just love the idea of driving on a warm summers night with the top off, with the twins spooling.

Before the four i had a s14 200sx, the back end in that was stupid, it would kick out in the dry, in the wet it was amost uncontrolable.

Guest turbo jon
Is there a Gt4 owners club forum Jon?

Was the GT4 made in jap and Uk models?

Yea it's http://www.gt4oc.net

and yes they were made in both jap and UK, uk ones are like uk supras are very rare, but no differences between the two both idenical cars pretty much.

i have a rare uk st205 :D

piccy

my one concern is i will be going from a 330hp, awd, rally car with is sooooo forgiving. To a 350hp'ish, rwd, gt car that will bite you if you make a wrong move. so how forgiveing are they?

welcome mate,:)

they are quite forgiving if you are expecting it!:D just dont let it end up like mine:rolleyes:

good luck with the hunt

Guest turbo jon

The hunt will probably start in the next month or so, trying save enough to not have ot sell the four straight away, but i will have too at some point. will be hard for me ket the four go but if i've got the supra on the drive im sure it will make it alot easier:d