The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nearly had the Sup wrote off today

Mike M

This is the closest I've ever been to disaster. Had a nice run out to Arbroath just trundling along about 55 - 60 all day even ignoring people tailgating me.

Anyway on the road back I come round a bend onto a straight and see this stupid big fat cow in an old Astra approaching a T junction close up front BUT she is looking the other way and creeping out. I'm off the gas now and she's still creeping well into my lane and I slam on the brakes.

I was thinking I can't swerve round her cos she still hasn't seen me and no doubt I'd get 'T' boned so I'm hard on the brakes and soon realise the car is never gonna stop in time. I had to throw the car left into the junction she's come out God knows how the rear stayed in line and NOW she fecking sees me and looks at me as if I'm in the wrong.

Grrrrr I was fuming, couldn't get the car turned round quick enough as it was a single lane road and she was off like a shot. I tried following down the road she went in the hope I'd catch her for a little chat:eyebrows: but I came up to a junction and she was gone so I left it.

So So close I'm raging just thinking about it.:(

It's amazing what instinct does, I didn't even think about throwing the car left It just happened and I was lucky.

I bet you're still sweating there Mike.;)

Shaking with rage, had to have a nice Big Mac to calm me down. It's just some folk don't seem to have a brain just total idiots. I've always been wary of folk approaching these junctions not looking but this time it actually happened.:(

Had a close encounter today as well.

Brand new Audi A4 at a junction slowly creeping out, she didn't even look my way and just kept going!

Funny how instinct tells you that something might happen and you slow right down.

I think the worst I had of this was when the old boy concerned not only gave the look, but flicked the finger. :blink:

If i'd have kept going (with the right of way) he'd have been bu**ered, but some people cannot ever believe they're in the wrong and'll never change.

Pity there isn't a Gatso idiot camera. :D

I think the worst I had of this was when the old boy concerned not only gave the look, but flicked the finger. :blink:

If i'd have kept going (with the right of way) he'd have been bu**ered, but some people cannot ever believe they're in the wrong and'll never change.

Pity there isn't a Gatso idiot camera. :D

Got used to all this in my biking days,makes you a better driver,antisipation and all that,still pisses me off though.

close call there all out there i tell you. The other day a had 3 people pull out on me with in 2 mins of each other! each one got a good blast of my horn wankers ! the thing that got me was the 3d one some old man in a bmw esate pulls out a shop car park without even looking my way and i was about 6ft from hitting him in the back at about 45 mph . I think all old people over 65 should have to retake there test and then at 70 they have to all have autos lol.

Stupid cow, Should have ramed the cow out the way.

Well If I hadn't just resprayed the front bumper and fitted the new SMIC I would have been tempted.:D

I tell you tho if I had been on the scene 5 secs sooner I dont think she'd still be here, I mean 50 odd mph Supra right into her door Its not gonna be pretty.:(