The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just nearly lost my car

dazla

Well after owning my AUTO N/A supe for about 8 months, I thought i was used to handling it with some drifting here and there. By accident of course.:)

Just come back from getting my hair cut when i came round a tight bend. I wasn't going fast and the back end just slid away, i was snaking all over the road and ended up facing back to were i came from. It was really awful. I had to have a couple of minute to compose my self, but luckily everything was ok.:rolleyes:

Real pants wetting moments them.

I done the same in my previous car around a roundabout gambling on amber. The backend slid away and I was skating the wrong way round it waiting for the impact into the middle of the roundabout. All in a front wheel drive car-With 2 BRAND NEW tyres on the rear 100m out of Tyrespot lol! I was lucky like you though and no damage done just looked a right clown facing all the traffic at the lights on the roundabout.

Real pants wetting moments them.

I done the same in my previous car around a roundabout gambling on amber. The backend slid away and I was skating the wrong way round it waiting for the impact into the middle of the roundabout. All in a front wheel drive car-With 2 BRAND NEW tyres on the rear 100m out of Tyrespot lol! I was lucky like you though and no damage done just looked a right clown facing all the traffic at the lights on the roundabout.

I hope you understand now that new tyres need to be scrubbed in first. They usually have traces of the lubricant used to release them from the mold. :)

There must of been some oil or something on the road because i've never had a car slip out like that. The revs just went high and their was the gear change and off i went. I wasn't even speeding. I'll be having night mares tonight.

That was the closest scrape i've had in my eight years of driving. Its just lucky there was no one behind me.:twak:

It dried off yesterday so i took the car out to meet the inlaws at a pub in the hills.

There is NO grip at all.. really - you are better off in a cheap runaround. the salt is back on the roads, and the roads are muddy and a total liability.

It's just no fun in a powerful GT car.. time to keep my head down and wait until later in the year.

There is an "oh my god" thread every day and a "mashed supra" thread every week.

I'm glad no-one has been hurt so far this winter (that I know of)

There must of been some oil or something on the road because i've never had a car slip out like that. The revs just went high and their was the gear change and off i went. I wasn't even speeding. I'll be having night mares tonight.

That was the closest scrape i've had in my eight years of driving. Its just lucky there was no one behind me.:twak:

I wish you'd have told me you couldn't drive before you took me out in it mate!!:p

Glad you're ok.

H.