The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much will it cost to get my n/a to 300 bhp?

Bakerboy

300bhp on an NA without some sort of forced induction won't be cheap.

Nitrous Oxide is an option, but a bit of a pain in the ass for normal driving with the constant refilling.

Your best bet is to consider a small NA-T option since they are common now and are succesful.

Would be cheaper to buy a tt to be honest, it would still cost you more than £2000 to get to 300bhp and that is not worth it really, if you are going to go for it may as well go for at least 450bhp as long as you don't have an auto, speak to Jody T he has an na-t and will have good idea of prices!

It's an auto and I really want to hang on to the car I got as it's not done many miles and is in really good condition. Also, it's an aerotop and tt aerotop's as you know are very rare.

Changing the car is out of the question, so how much am I looking at to get it to 300bhp?

Would be cheaper to buy a tt to be honest, it would still cost you more than £2000 to get to 300bhp and that is not worth it really, if you are going to go for it may as well go for at least 450bhp as long as you don't have an auto, speak to Jody T he has an na-t and will have good idea of prices!

Hmm but look at this - let's say you have nice, decent NA from 1995, you took proper care about it and so on and so on. It is worth now like 4,5 - 5k max. Why would you sell it and put another 4k to get TT in unknown state (not to mention all mods interior/exterior/engine), if you can invest this 4k to get conversion NA-T with like 1/3 engine changed to new parts + new brakes. He wants 300 bhp from this, I say - put setup capable of 450 and drive using only 300-350 ponies! Your engine will be set to endure 450 with ease and you still will be a way lower under limit and satisfied with power you will get!

Hmm but look at this - let's say you have nice, decent NA from 1995, you took proper care about it and so on and so on. It is worth now like 4,5 - 5k max. Why would you sell it and put another 4k to get TT in unknown state (not to mention all mods interior/exterior/engine), if you can invest this 4k to get conversion NA-T with like 1/3 engine changed to new parts + new brakes. He wants 300 bhp from this, I say - put setup capable of 450 and drive using only 300-350 ponies! Your engine will be set to endure 450 with ease and you still will be a way lower under limit and satisfied with power you will get!

Only problem is the n/a auto box, some say it can go upto 450bhp but even on 300 you are pushing it, that's why they put a different autobox in the tt for 280-300bhp.

Only problem is the n/a auto box, some say it can go upto 450bhp but even on 300 you are pushing it, that's why they put a different autobox in the tt for 280-300bhp.

Oh, let's add 1k for TT autobox and all work and you still have car capable over 450 bhp with 1/3 of engine changed to brand new parts :) Total car value is 9k (4k car, 5k conversion). Now it is around or even under price of single turbo or good condition TT and you know, what is sleeping under bonnet, you also do not have to change any exterior parts, because you done it before :)

It's an auto and I really want to hang on to the car I got as it's not done many miles and is in really good condition. Also, it's an aerotop and tt aerotop's as you know are very rare.

Changing the car is out of the question, so how much am I looking at to get it to 300bhp?

did my na-t myself for £2500, was thinking along the same lines as you my na was to good to sell and risk getting a bad tt

worked out cheaper this way

https://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=96442&highlight=na-t

I have just bought an Eaton M62 supercharger (if it ever arrives), assuming it is in good nick and I can find somewhere under the bonnet to mount it, this may be a cheaper way to get more power.

I think the biggest problem I have to encounter and work out is, do I move the PS pump and get rid of the A/C compressor and mount it there, or do I put a stupid bulge affair in the bonnet.

Hope to have it up and running with a max boost of 0.4 bar by late spring. If it works I will let you know, if it doesn't I will hold my head in shame and cry.