The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HID kit

Matt _Aero top_

Right fellas i put a bid in on ebay for a hid kit but got outbid but to my supprise i got a second chance offer and believe me the price i'm getting this conversion isn't to be missed so my question to you guys is what k rating do you think i sould all get ?

i have seen the 8000k and loved them , its these that made me want the conversion .

so fire away fellas ;)

The higher deg kelvin the LESS bright the lights actually are.

3400k is the WHITEST light

6000k is white with a hint of blue

8000k bluer still

12000k almost purple.

Its a general misconception that the higher the kelvin rating, the brighter the light is. It's actually the opposite.

I have 6000k myself.

so there 9005 fitment ?

Sorry dude, I can't remember:( Are they UK or J-spec lamps? Try a search as it's been brought up loads of times. When I got mine I can't remember what bulbs I got but I do remember trimming them down with a dremmel to get them to fit right :)

I would be very careful with second chance offers,make sure you check the seller out properly,if they want payment through wetern union leave well alone they are usally scams I just about got caught out with a second chance on a pioneer sat nav,hot mail usually lets you know that the e-mail sent is suspicious and did not come from the proper ebay site,hope this helps.