The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA people dyno'ed

dibbleyuk

The reason a lot of NA's are *likely* to be off spec BHP wise with factory figures is due to age and lack of "proper" servicing. Same can happen with any car as it gets older ;) People in the UK don't spend as much time and attention on "tuning" their NA's (unless you count NA-T lot, or NOS enthusiasts) and are not so acutely aware of a few horses here or there - I blame the "Buy a TT don't bother with the NA tuning" mantra :)

Will get my NA dyno posted before and after conversion ;)

:blink: and the point of that is!

some of us cant afford TT running costs etc and some of use are sensible and start with the NA to get used to that type of vehicle.

thanks back to the topic :p

I can afford both, but daily driver etc, wanted the newest one I could find, an went with an N/A - although the constant mantra of 'some' quarters of this site is that TT's are ace (even though they seem a tad less reliable than our N/As) and N/A's are shit...

I was saying to my other half last night, this board has (for all the laughs etc. I've had from it, and make no mistake I enjoy being a member) spoilt Supra ownership a bit for me, being that every time this comes up the usual suspects come out the wood work to tell us we don't drive 'proper' cars...

I just find the whole subject kind of tiresome to be honest... anyway sorry to hijack.

I can afford both, but daily driver etc, wanted the newest one I could fine, an went with an N/A - although the constant mantra of 'some' quarters of this site is that TT's are ace (even though they seem a tad less reliable than our N/As) and N/A's are shit...

I was saying to my other half last night, this board has (for all the laughs etc. I've had from it, and make no mistake I enjoy being a member) spoilt Supra ownership a bit for me, being that every time this comes up the usual suspects come out the wood work to tell us we don't drive 'proper' cars...

I just find the whole subject kind of tiresome to be honest... anyway sorry to hijack.

I have to agree with you. at the end of the day we are all here cos we love supras be that NA or TT (and lets not forget u single turbos!! ;o) )

Thats enough of that anyway!

I can afford both, but daily driver etc, wanted the newest one I could fine, an went with an N/A - although the constant mantra of 'some' quarters of this site is that TT's are ace (even though they seem a tad less reliable than our N/As) and N/A's are shit...

Just get alot of stuff like this when people post genuine q's about NA's

Gets anoying. I love my NA and am impressed when i drive it personaly couldnt afford to buy a TT insurance wasnt a problem or running cost it was buying the thing would of been another 3-4k on top for a nice manual.

I'm going getting my 96 Facelift NA manual next week and although it has 78k on the clock (if correct) I am not really bothered about having anything more powerful.

Did look at a couple of TT's in my price range but they were a bit ropey. Also the thought of turbo failure does not sound attactive tbh. I mean how fast can you drive on public roads these days anyway?? I have a job where I must drive and so losing my licence is always at the front of my mind.

I'm not sure if i'll get mine dyno'd when I get it. If it feels quick on the test drive I'll buy it and be happy.!! I'll just look good no matter whats under the bonnet!!

H.