The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Decat?

AdzC

Searched for this topic but can only find information regarding TTs that have been decatted.

I'm considering getting the second cat on my NA removed and was wondering if this was a worthwhile mod for the NA lump and whether there was anything else which I may need to take into consideration when it's done.

Only other engine modification is a HKS Silent Hi Power. Everything else is standard.

Any comments/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:) IMHO when i had my N/A i took the 2nd cat out and Jeees it was very noisey thats about all ended up puting an extra "little" silencer in its place to cut the "resonance" ( droneing sound if thats a word :blink: ) out, dont think the BHP difference is worth it ...................but a TT WOW what a difference ;)

Cheers

Ian

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm really happy with the exhaust note at the moment and don't want it to be so loud that i'm embarrassed to drive it.

Already sorted a 'friendly' MOT station so don't have to worry about swapping cats over :sly:

Just trying to weigh up if it's worth the £120

If it frees the revs up a little bit lower down the range then I'll be made up.

Just concerned about the exhaust note with it being NA. I know my HKS Silent Hi Power has got a middle box before the muffler so that might help a little.