The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A Request to all you TT boys out there from an NA Owner

Max Headroom

If there was a way of turning the 2nd turbo off for winter driving etc, I'm sure none of this would happen! One turbo is enough for this time of year. May sound like a stupid statement, but its that 2nd one kicking in that can take you by surprise, especially if you've got an auto.

Or just take it easy and slow down. I do. :)

My NA didn't have ABS, had smaller brakes, no airbags, standard diff and no traction control.

I was far more likely to have an accident in that than my current....and look what happened to it in the end? :cry:

Let it go Pete... let it go... it was a trusty friend, but alas a lump of inanimate metal... it's in Supra heaven now, smiling down on it's TT brother... :(

If there was a way of turning the 2nd turbo off for winter driving etc, I'm sure none of this would happen! One turbo is enough for this time of year. May sound like a stupid statement, but its that 2nd one kicking in that can take you by surprise, especially if you've got an auto.

Or just take it easy and slow down. I do. :)

Nice big wedge under the loud pedal should help things.;)

Serious tho the roads are mega dodgy with dry bits and damp patches mid corner not good at all:(

Just read another thread on one of the TT boys flipping his Supra. Please Please Please be careful!! So far it has been two TTs flipped this year, I would hate it to be more.

And on a lighter note, it is making the silver coloured Supe less common :p

Yes less common now more collectable/valuable/desirable :D :p :D

My NA didn't have ABS, had smaller brakes, no airbags, standard diff and no traction control.

Aye, same as mine, and I've had some slippery moments recently, so it's fair to say everyone should be a touch more careful TT or NA...

Next person to say 'blah blah 2nd turbo, blah especially in an auto" will get a slap.

Do you know how much throttle you have to give it to get it to 4k? If you are driving like that you are not really driving correctly for the conditions.

Sick of hearing that same excuse.