The mkiv Supra Owners Club

another beware gt-cars.net post

Guest gaaables

Guest gaaables

hi all, just signed up as i read the other beware gt-cars post and the same thing has now happened to me

just a warning to people out there, ive recently bought a car from gt cars.

had read a few bad things about them but the car seemed genuine enough and the bloke seemed like a fair chap.

when i got the car home i noticed that a few bits that were advertised on the car were missing ie HKS exhaust was infact a cheap momo system, Brand new d-cat according to the add yet still had the cat fitted. Cat2 security was infact non existant.

spoke to the bloke via email and the responce i got was that he would buy a d-cat pipe straigh away and get it sent to me. also that he would "help me out" towards getting a new exhaust but he felt the cheaper system was adquate.

the conversation caried on in a few more emails then he said he was taking a few days off and would contact me as soon as hes back. this was almost 2 weeks ago now, no reply to emails, wont answer my calls etc

i also have a problem which before buying the car he said would be covered by warranty. tbh the warranty isnt worth the paper its written on.

i also traded my old supra in towards this car. on his advert its suddenly got a few more bits that i never had fitted to the car. one of these being uprated bigger turbos. now im sure he isnt going to go out and buy bigger turbos for a car that doesnt need them. so yet again faulse advertising.

guys avoid at all costs, the bloke is a serious con-man and he KNOWS the bits he is advertising on cars are not on there

I was keen on the 450+ BHP Supra until I went along and had a look at it 2 weeks ago, it was not in the best condition! I then stumbled across the previous owners ad that he had placed on pistonheads.com on this site. The response from everyone saved me 8k!:)

I have now read several threads on here about gt cars but am concerned because some of the things you say are missing or not as advertised surely could have been noticed before you purchased the vehicles especially if this was not your first supra or are they being changed aftere veiwing and buying??

I was keen on the 450+ BHP Supra until I went along and had a look at it 2 weeks ago, it was not in the best condition! I then stumbled across the previous owners ad that he had placed on pistonheads.com on this site. The response from everyone saved me 8k!:)

Glad you didn't go for it in the end chap, looks like someone else may have that issue now, lets see how it goes.