The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The fun begins...

Guest StevenSheen

Guest StevenSheen

Hi everyone, Picked up my first ever supra today.....So thought I'd come say hi to all you fellow owners...No doubt I will seek your advice over the coming months ;)

The day was interesting to say the least...I picked it up from a place called GT cars in Dartford, Kent...very nice exterior....All V side kit except Top secret front spoiler...interior needs a little TLC, Pretty much everything uprated with HKS bits till its now producing 450 BHP.

Within 10 minutes I needed fuel...however I could not figure out how to get the key out of the ignition..lol...in the fuss I then proceded to put £25 quid of normal octane unleaded in it...before I realised and filled the remainder of the tank with Super (this should be ok I hope) Then once I had finally pulled out of the garage I cracked my front spoiler on a speed bump...YAY...

Anyways Ordered the Invader front spoiler now and will just have to stomach the cost...never really liked the original one anyways.

Regardless of the unfortunate day...I can all ready see what makes Supra drivers smile...I cant wait to use the fuel up so that I can stretch her legs a little.

Anyways that was a dull story lol, take care all hope to see you at some meets some time in the future!

Steve

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the club Steve :thumbs:

I presume that it is the same GT Cars that these threads are about? You may want to check over the parts spec very carefully to make sure the car is as advertised, as quite a few members have had problems.

You say everything uprated with HKS parts? It might be worth posting the full spec and photos so we can double check the spec for you.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=97258

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=90697

Guest StevenSheen

Hi guys...not got any pics yet but will post some soon.

Yeah having read these posts I semi regret buying from him now BUT, I like the car and to be honest I dont know the first thing about modding cars...So some of the claimed bits may be missing for all I know....

The car was advertised as this spec;

1994 TOYOTA SUPRA AUTO (HKS SPEC WITH HYBRIDS) 450-BHP

HKS F-Con pro ECU, HKS filter, HKS 1.6mm head gasket with HKS head nut and stud conversion, HKS plugs, HKS strut brace, HKS de-cat downpipe, HKS stainless steel exhaust system, big front mount intercooler, BLITZ 850cc injectors with uprated bosch fuel pump, uprated hybrid turbos with larger steel internals, BLITZ boost control and turbo timer, fully adjustble coilovers, adjustable front upper suspension arms, 18" lightweight AVS alloys, greddy guages in car, Top Secret front bumper, Veilside skirts and rear wing, carbon kevlar spoiler blade, grooved front discs and uprated pads, expensive CD player, very nice condition

It is in nice condition interior needs a little TLC but will remedy that with an alloy panel kit to freshen up the dash, seats are immaculate....seems to drive fine but to be honest not stretched her legs yet as I put some premium unleaded in her...

I know the upgraded turbos are a fib as the previous owner never had them installed! So some fact and fiction but to be honest I dont mind to much as long as its all in working order.

Only concern is he said that he had it serviced at his workshop (or local one he uses) last week and hearing the rumors not sure that was carried out, I have no documentary evidence although it does have a fresh MOT, not sure if i should get it serviced again???...

To be honest If the cats in the exhaust still that suits me...dont need the hassle come MOT time.

It has had a 2nd hand engine fitted...this was not explained so although it states 62k miles(100,000km) on the clock not sure what the engine has done...he left the receipt in there for it though so prob not even looked through himself lol ;)

We shall see, either way I shall care for it and give it some much needed TLC ;)

With regards to the question "Have I bought a dud" time will tell LOL!!!

Guest StevenSheen

Oh by the way I have a little light on the left hand warning light bank...its a yellow car sillouette with lines coming away from the back of the car...looks like a bulb failure light???

Also what is the service interval on these things?

Thanks for your warm welcome by the way ;)

Guest gaaables

by the way the turbos are NOT uprated items, they are standard.

the engine does need mapping and i know this has never been done by gt cars

he also told me the head gasket had gone since i traded it with him.............

take it back mate, think by law you have 14 days

by the way the turbos are NOT uprated items, they are standard.

the engine does need mapping and i know this has never been done by gt cars

he also told me the head gasket had gone since i traded it with him.............

take it back mate, think by law you have 14 days

That don't sound good !!.

Hope things aren't as bad as they seem for you mate, an welcome to the club. :)

Guest StevenSheen

lol...umm...yay...why do I have so much grief with cars....It seems that my chances of him taking it back, honoring his warranty or compensating me for the repairs are very unlikely... Although I will take some legal action against him if he is uncooperative... not good though!

So where can I get this engine remapped then..also I think the head gasket is likely blown as it is gargling after a 20 min run...more yay!!!

Well guys where should I go to get this mess cleaned up...any suggestions?

And thanks DamanC, I am near lakeside, thurrock...you could have a llok if your local? If not no matter, at this stage I want a car thats safe and thats about all im worried about...