The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gutted? understatement!!

Irvy

Well after 3 and 1/2 years ownership and almost getting the car to where i wanted it....see pix....i have lost the lot to some bad luck, a sharp bend and a seriously greasy road!:(

Dont think my baby has survived!

i on the otherhand after the car flipped and landed on the roof wedged between tress walked away with a few minor cuts...if you look closely at all the dents you can see just where the trees battered the car!

Still i celebrated with a bottle of wine and a few whiskys tonight - said my goodbyes to the car and celebrated me being here!:D

I cant believe this only happened at 12.30 this afternoon!

considering the date...i crashed and "burned"!!:D :D wheres my haggis??

Irvine

P1010203.JPG

P1010205.JPG

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

getting a bit sore now...just glad to be out...the doors were jammed shut and there was a tank of petrol dripping out...had to be pulled out via the rear window as i was sitting on the roof and the car was above ground wedged into the trees...a bit scary!

can I buy your side skirts ? :innocent:

LOL

all were original! spats too:(

i am seriously upset...new stereo in last week ...and then new battery and uk lights week before...al f**ked!

as for the nice electronics - left em all in there as they are declared and i have an agreed valuation with sky

but the bits i didnt manage to fit will be available soon:D

Good to hear you had an agreed valuation, well worth that £35! At least that way you'll have some money to put towards replacing her with something similar rather than going through the usual piss-take insurance rubish that takes 6 months for you to see any cash!

LOL

all were original! spats too:(

i am seriously upset...new stereo in last week ...and then new battery and uk lights week before...al f**ked!

as for the nice electronics - left em all in there as they are declared and i have an agreed valuation with sky

but the bits i didnt manage to fit will be available soon:D[/qu

I'd hate to feel like you at the moment mate, just gutting Irvy :(

Look forward to the goodies !

Crying shame:cry: What was the road condition like? How fast were you going?

wasnt going fast...was entering a slip road onto am ain road...it has a small tight turn which is notorious for slippage...i took my time as i went round - or so it seemed - back end kicked out and i was sliding sideways to the outside crash barrier. i corrected and found that i had done well but the car was now pointing towards the other side...TC cut in and with no power or any response from the steering (steering was locked the other way from where i was sliding!) went straight over the kerb and flew over a steep embankment - the car nose dived, flipped and landed roof down on trees - car was wedged fast above the ground. Think i am just pleased no branches pointed in my direction! no more than 30mph - cant believe it!