The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking about getting one

Guest vallen

Hey all my 16th birthday is in March, and I am thinking about getting a Supra for my first car, and eventually hooking it up with the rest of my birthday money, and money I earn over some time. I need to know what is the best Supra to get, and the prices. Also if it is possible to recommend me some things to put in the car when I buy it please do. (stereos, speakers, lights, perfomance boosters, etc.)

P.S- I am in the USA.

Thanks all :search:

you'll be one lucky 16 year old if you do manage to get one.

get yourself an n/a first mate, nothing too big power wise that's gonna kill you soon as look at you.

try and get to know the ins and outs and workings of the car and progress from there. once your more experienced in driving a rwd car (i.e. a supra in particular) then you can change your n/a for a TT or as you say eventually get an n/a-t conversion which seems very popular over there.

let us know how you get on......jammy bastid :D

I wouldn't want to get a NA and then sell it to get a TT as that is pretty much a hassle. If I get the TT, you can't really go fast in New York as there are a TON of traffic lights. I know how to drive a car so I won't be like going 100 MPH into a wall or anything haha. So I am thinking of getting the TT, how much is it.

I wouldn't want to get a NA and then sell it to get a TT as that is pretty much a hassle. If I get the TT, you can't really go fast in New York as there are a TON of traffic lights. I know how to drive a car so I won't be like going 100 MPH into a wall or anything haha. So I am thinking of getting the TT, how much is it.

get a N/a and get a big boy singel turbo:innocent:

i'm afrid in america mot and insurance work way different, he could quiet easily have a TT

i wasn't saying he COULDN'T have a TT, more that he SHOULDN'T.

;)

get a N/a and get a big boy singel turbo:innocent:

are you 16 as well by any chance? :D

ahhh to be young!

A rear wheel drive motah WILL bite you in the ass if you aint carefull. Ive had my fair share of moments in the BM.

First check the insurance and put together all possible models and see which is most affordable to youThen hunt for a good 'un! be worth it in the long run. Have a good old mooch about this site and see what others are doing to theirs (as I am doing) and take it from there.

But imho a 16 year old kid in a 500bhp monster isnt a good combination.... but good luck with what you go for!;)

Alright. I'll probably get a n.a, and then eventually add a single turbo. Age in my opinion doesn't matter because I am not a wreckless driver like some idiots who are all like "yea...im cool...lets go fast and then die".

So can anyone recommend me some good items to get for it? (stereo, knobs, speakers, etc. I am thinking about getting one in black.

EDIT: I eventually want it to look like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-Single-Turbo-Toyota-Supra_W0QQitemZ290074626245QQihZ019QQcategoryZ6447QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

without those gay Lambo doors.

Guest CoolsBlue

yo! im 16 to, got me a n/a was going to build it up, but shes stripped for parts, i turn 17 in march, getting me an n/a aerotop insuring it first, running standard, save a little more then mods etc, even tho i have a full body kit already!

Ya i saw his supra..and im nothing like a chav. I dont wear fake jewelery, or pretend to be black. If I was a chav I would probably get some Chrysler 300C and pretend that it is a Bentley, then I would put some "spinners' on it. But I'm not. So stfu.