The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best place to buy my Sup!

Greenauto

Right folks,

Finally think I've got enough cash together to get my dream car. It'll be an na but its still a Supra.

After reading through some posts I'm worried about buying a clocked import. a lot of the ones I've been looking at seem to have very low milage for the age of the cars, even for imports.

Question is where is the best place to buy my new car. A reliable importer/private seller I can trust. I'm looking to spend a maximum of £7000 and want something with a reasonable spec and towards lower miles.

Not too fussy Auto or manual but would preffer manual.

Thanks for your help in advance!!!

thanks for the plugs guys, if your after a tt i recommend you go for an auto from a dealer in japan the 6 speed tt for 7k is not worth it unless its non turbo sz-r and if your going to import a car you might aswell get an excellent one i have many cars available in japan send me an email or call me on 07958166871 for examples available

Welcome m8,

Probably the best dealer (in my opinion) in Scotland is possibly Dicksons of Dunblane. Their motors are usually in quite good condition and the prices are fair. Have a look on their website to see what they have.

Cheers

Ian

have heard some horror stories about Dicksons i'm afraid Ian, and that's from someone who used to work there!

i'd stick with Jurgen or CJ if i was you mate.

have heard some horror stories about Dicksons i'm afraid Ian, and that's from someone who used to work there!

i'd stick with Jurgen or CJ if i was you mate.

Never actually gave any a good inspection, just a quick glance in the passing- and they usually "look" alright.

I suppose if anyone goes anywhere to inspect a vehicle, they should try and take along someone with a bit of car knowledge along.

cheers

Ian

Cheers for the info so far,

I did see some Dicksons cars in the trader. Also noticed some from Makay trading and I've seen a few cars from Calder and CRD. Any ideas about either of these? They are closer but at the end of the day I don't mind drivin south if i can pick up a better motor. Haha the further down the better it'll give me a longer run home when I finally do purchase the car.

Jurgen, I'll give you an email the night to see what you could get hold of for me. I'd love a TT but I'm thinking the insurance will be mega steep for me. I guess I just need to get some insurance quotes sorted. even the n/a is gonna be a rocket ship compared to my 1.8 Vectra Lol. So looking forward to climbin into my Japanese dream car.

Cheers all for the info. :D

Hi mate, Calder motors have had some seriously ropey motors and dont get a good rep at all. (I used to live not far away)

Mackay's cars are very expensive and he will not budge on price. Also he does nothing to prep the cars for sale so the paint on the ones I've seen was a bit tired looking.

Not heard much about dicksons, The cars I seen were abit scruffy. Some people have said they wouldn't buy a packet of sweeties of him, I dont know.

I did alot of searching when buying mine and ended up buying mine at Vineplace then trading it in and buying my TT there again. Both cars had Jap service books, Bimta reports and have been very reliable. Guy was good to deal with too.

From what I've seen on here tho, Jurgen gets some cracking looking cars in.

Cheers:)

Mike

Mate id go with Jurgen on this one, i got my car imported from him, and WOW is all i can say. Only bad thing is when you know uv got a great car being imported, is the WAIT. But its all worth it in the end.

My car was nearly BPU, thats how good a car i got. He does all the work for you, all you do is pay him the cash and drive away a happy man.

Good luck in the Hunt.

Cheers Mike,

I saw Vineplace on Autotrader too and thought the cars looked pretty good as well as being a good price.

I'm in the process of speaking to CJ and Jurgen but think I might pop down to Vineplace and speak to them too. Sounds worth a look.

Hopefully be at a Scottish meet soon once I find the right one. I'm Tayside too so hopefully I'll see you around.

Cheers

Dave

Cheers Mike,

I saw Vineplace on Autotrader too and thought the cars looked pretty good as well as being a good price.

I'm in the process of speaking to CJ and Jurgen but think I might pop down to Vineplace and speak to them too. Sounds worth a look.

Hopefully be at a Scottish meet soon once I find the right one. I'm Tayside too so hopefully I'll see you around.

Cheers

Dave

No probs mate, happy hunting.:)

Whereabouts in Tayside from? I'm in Blairgowrie.

Mike

Yeah I took a looky at your car Lucas, it does look like a superb example he's got you. I'll be glad if I get one as good as yours where ever I get mine from. Nice car mate! :D

Itching to get into a Supra after wanting one since I was old enough to drive!

Cheers fella. Same as you really always like the supra and now I am going to have one :) Wish you luck in finding one.

I'm in Arbroath at the moment but spend a bit of time down in Kirckaldy at my girlfriends..... as you do.

There was a bloke from my work that had a black Supra with the full Vielside kit on and logo's down the side.

That sounds like Supra-Dans. Hes on here every now and again.:)