The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new Fields-type harness

Bob

Big thanks to Jody T for being so patient with me and my paranoia, and keeping me updated with the order :)

Also a thankyou to Lucifer, along with an apology for doubting his integrity.

So I spent a couple of hours last night playing with the new harness and soldering various bits on - bloody well made bits of kit these!

Oh, also a thanks to Ian C for ECU pin-outs FAQ :)

:wooohoo: No more updside down soldering for me!

being a noob i can get away with asking this

you wot?

It's like a little extension lead for the main ECU wiring loom. So rather than lying upside down with your head in the passenger footwell wiring-in all your electronic gubbins like FCD, SLD, Racelogic, etc, you just wire them into the little extension (Fields-clone Harness) in your workshop and go to the car and connect it up.

Also means you don't have to cut up the wires on your factory wiring loom. I want one of these :)

I'd pay way more than £200 for one, they are a godsend. Especially with an E-Manage Ultimate + injector adapter, RLTC, Wideband O2 sensor, Knock Amp, and Apexi AVCr plumbed in :faint: I can pull any or all of those in about 2 minutes and work on them on a desk in the warm :)

Of course the Field Harness is now getting hard to lift it's got that much on it :D

-Ian

Still a little confused though. Don't you still have to get under the car to plumb this in to all the other leads and connectors anyway? I understand that you bypass cutting into the ECU loom etc, but surely this still requires a handful of patience! :)

Greg

5 minutes plugging / unplugging the ECU loom as opposed to hours of soldering and cramp in places you didn't think you could get cramp? Considering I only got mine for £160, it's possibly the most wonderful thing I have bought yet for the car! :)

After trying to solder in the IGF wire for revs to my E01 and muttering various insults to whoever designed the original loom, I realised that anything that keeps me in love with the car is a good thing! :D