The mkiv Supra Owners Club

back form the Ace Cafe

Jake

I got back about half hour ago. I nearly didn't go as I was having a mare fitting some windows today and had just cut myself quite badly when Scooter texted me to say there was an accident at Hindhead on the A3 and the tailback was even worse than normal.

Eventually I decided that I would go via Southampton and up the m3 instead.

Good old TomTom was predicting that I'd get there at 8.25pm but thanks to the guy in the Porsche GT3 who wanted to play along most of the m3 I actually got to the Ace Cafe at 8.05 - see, Porsche drivers are good for something after all.

When I got there the security twat with more piercings than brain cells wouldn't let me in even though my name was on the list. So I just parked in the entrance, locked my car and went in. "Oi you can't leave it there"

La la la la la, I can't hear you. Keep walking Jake.

Anyway, it was bloody freezing but good to speak to a few old faces; Scooter, Sheena, SupRo, Ashley Willis, Pig, Green Peace, EarthRokka, John K and to finally meet Homer and JamieP who are both bloody nice guys.

The DragonBall video was interesting and well made. I would've liked to have seen more driving action and less of Jon (Pig) talking :D

Shame about Jamie's car though. He has even less luck than I do.

I didn't see Gavan but I did see you Joe, I was gonna say hello but you got called up to collect yet another award. I hope you've had your mantelpiece strengthened.

I'm sure there were loads of folks I missed but I didn't fancy freezing my arse off outside like the rest of you seemed happy to. Was Lee Elcock there Gav?

Had a great time too, met some guys i hadn't seen for ages as well as some regulars and newbies (to me anyhow)
Hey Scott, did you see my car sliding about on the m25? I don't think my RLTC is working right. That's twice today it's do that.

Nice one everyone...

I feel gutted that i couldn't make it earlier due to still editing but at least i had Dragonball Video it needs couple of evening of tweaks, sound track and other things need serious sorting i know...sound track was worked on for several days, Luke actually wrote and performed the music, Editor Adam was great, i couldn't turn up with nothing so we worked continuesly, right up till about 7.30 in Faringdon then found that the sound track was currupt lol, plus couple of voiceovers went missing lol, plus few other obvious probs which will be sorted after a couple of days plus not happy about a couple of things in it..but will get that sorted asap virtually ready to take orders.

it was difficult to make a story out of this but that was what i wanted to do (and i hope you like it) thats why i had to get interviews and support footage and other bits to make it work ....once the final edit is sorted out they will be shipped out...but you can see its virtually done, need to change a music track, because it seems to continue onto another section lol...

It was so great to see me ole Supra, looks like Razza is looking after it v well, glad ya enjoying her mate.( it looked beautiful..miss it big time but its yours now so enjoy it)

I feel like i missed out on a good event coz missed all the best bits of the evening by the time i got there.

Shams tunes were good though....

Sorry i didn't get to hear ya Jessy, but heard you did a great set..

Sory if i was out of it i was so fucked just couple hours sleep last night.

Well Done Lui, Sham, Jessy Babes, Luke, Eugene, Simon Yapp and others.

Luke, Eugene and Simon Yapp worked on the Sound and Lighting Rig and setting the screens etc dont think they had time to sleep either last night....

Soz to hear bout your car pistonbroke...looks like a silver car judging by the scratch, i did see a silver cavalier i think parked across the road, and it looked like a bunch of chavs in it not sure if that was the one.Anyone else see anything that they remember fcukin wankers to do that ..real sorry.

Si

:(

I'm sure there were loads of folks I missed but I didn't fancy freezing my arse off outside like the rest of you seemed happy to. Was Lee Elcock there Gav?

Hi Jake, i find it hard getting to weekday events as i usually have the kids as the mrs is working. If i were there i'd have found you for a beer;)

Lee

Excellent turnout guys and gals... didn't really manage to get to meet many peeps, although the dragonball vid helped me put a few names to faces!

Sabrina - totally missed you - wanted to see how guilty I should have felt after not washing mine :-o

Jamie - nice to meet you... shame about the breakage ... hope you get it sorted.

Jo - congrats mate ... looks like you've got a lot of subscriptions to read !

Justin - hope you got home safely - nice to meet the 'lady' as well.

Everyone else... sorry guys / gals - the weather just wasn't encouraging to stand outside all night.

BTW - Lui - top man, another well organised event.

Excellent turnout guys and gals... didn't really manage to get to meet many peeps, although the dragonball vid helped me put a few names to faces!

Sabrina - totally missed you - wanted to see how guilty I should have felt after not washing mine :-o

I was the one dressed up like an eskimo [is it pc to say that?], shame - I missed a few people I would have liked to have said hi too, but next time, maybe when its a tad warmer. :D

I was the one dressed up like an eskimo [is it pc to say that?], shame - I missed a few people I would have liked to have said hi too, but next time, maybe when its a tad warmer. :D

Ahhh... don't recall any 'eskimoes' :blink:

I was wearing the 'Whifbitz' jacket ( shamefull plug...:cool: )

Reckon I saw your car though - so if it was , it was very shiney - with a hint of ice!