The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How worried should I be????

silvershark44

I have just come back from the cinema with a mate of mine, and about half a mile into the drive i felt the front drivers side tyre go flat. I stopped got out and sure enough, it was really flat with no air in. There was a BP garage 300 yards ahead so I just limped there slowly on the flat and put some air in it. It went upto 30 psi no problem, and I couldnt find any nails or anything stuck in it. The other side was a bit low too so I put some air in that one too.

Now how likely is this going to happen again? Has the air simply popped out through a freak occurance or does that mean the tyre is basically damaged now??

Never have this happen before, but really dont want it to happen on the motorway doing X number of leptons we all do from time to time!

First thing I thought was someone has messed with your tyre - purely because in Peterborough the cinema car park is notorious for attracting thieves, vandals etc. I would never take my Supra to the cinema - think about it, they see you arrive and walk into cinema then know you'll be at least an hour and a half before you come out.

So basically, I'd have the tyre checked out mate.

Yeah it was in Lancaster, and no offence to anyone who lives there, but omg, there is a lot of dross about. So many corsa kids too. Im a student there at the uni and look like I am too so maybe ive been picked out. There arent many supras around here either. Mainly F reg Astras with dents in 3 doors and a fake Mot certificate in the glove compartment!

had a similar thing happen to me a few years back. my suzuki 1100 motorcycle dumped all its air suddenly at high speed.turned out to be a weak valve spring which was thrown by the speed of the wheel.

if both were flat it sounds like interfering pricks but if it happens again then prehaps have a tyre shop revalve it (shouldnt cost any more than a puncture repair

go to kiwk fit they do a free tyre check for you. hope you get it sorted mate. fingers crossed.

Don't take it to Kwak-Fat! Completely useless. They used hammer-on weights in when I asked for stick-ons. Couldn't balance the wheels right. Impossible to drive at 70. Felt like driving a space shuttle on re-entry. Argued saying it was illegal to drive at 70+ so was a safety feature!!!! Had to take it to somebody else at my cost!