The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where did www.bigsupra.co.uk go?

Chiefgroover

Well I asked the same question recently !

Site was kindly hosted for free by Martin James. Many thanks Martin for the webspace. However martin was making server changes and accidentally wiped most of it out. His bad, not mine.

It's no big deal as it was getting a re-vamp in Feb with new members added and links etc.

Site will be back shortly, so if you cant see your motor on it fear not!

Most people get an error message, some get the front page and dyno sheets. Supragold, yout the only car showing lol!.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your very welcome wayne!

Wez your in if thats at the wheels/hubs. 500RWHP is the theshold., if not and in the future you make it, your welcome.

John, you'd have to go up the ladder into the K.T., and go through the chair first lmao.

I need it sorted for mid Feb so I can put my own new car up (ssshhhhh........details to follow later, unless you stand on the square lol). Not much fun having a web site for a few years and never having one that qualifys and is in one piece. I couldn't join it properly myself for long enough, the wait is shortly over!.

Wez your in if thats at the wheels/hubs. 500RWHP is the theshold., if not and in the future you make it, your welcome.

I thought Terrys old car was on there which used the same SRR Dyno as my motor with almost the same result, I think Terrys had 547hp where as mine is 510hp.

I could be wrong though, not been on there for a long time :D

EDIT: Terrys motor is 547 not 525

Wez, those were flywheel figures so neither Terry's, yours or mine will qualify as its 500 RWHP.

Edit - unless we go to THOR :D

lol. I said the same thing to Ernie earlier today.

Thor for high rhhp figures.

MkIVStore for high flywheel figures (assuming Martin is still allowing 33% drivetrain losses)

Mind you, the guys that had their BPU Supras dyno'd at Santa Pod a few months back would all qualify. I think 570rwhp was the best BPU figure on the day.

Gamer, just got to change the name from CJ to you!

Will have a talk with Terry about his figure.

Personally I prefer hub dynos, small amounts of wheel spin can happen on traditional dyno's, I have seen a 45 fwhp gain by getting a few big guys to sit on the back, even though we didnt notice wheel spin before?

I wont be getting into the politics of whos rolling road is good and who's isnt, the site is there to promote big tubbed supras, mainly to non supra owners, hopefully with the spin off of higher resale values, more business for the convertors etc, but it may have no impact whatsoever, even it does get a load of visitors. I just like to see a collection of well tuned Supra's.

Can only help their image / desirability.

I wont be getting into the politics of whos rolling road is good and who's isnt,

Good idea mate, does get a bit tiresome - we all know rolling road figures are a guide only, and there are so many factors to take into consideration aswell as the rolling road itself.

Cool, I would want to update the spec and pictures of course :)

Me too :)

Hopefully ill have a new power graph today, if all goes well with the diff change im going over the rollers with Dan for a couple of hours to to some fine tunning of the map:)

Its rear wheel J, if you make that at 1.4 bar on pump fuel then I have something to aim for :D Personally I can't see hows it possible without race fuel or silly one-off dyno runs (at least on our little turbos :D )

Homer, t04r want 700fwhp to join (6spd). I lowered the figure to be more realistic. I'll be running 1.8bar, for a big conversion 1.4 is a bit tame, if your mapping on 97 and not being too cruel with the timing curve. 1.4 bar is hybrid pressure lol.

The site I hope will someday hold about 15 to 20 (max) very fast cars, which ought to be a good enough advert for the big tubbed Supra. This time I want editorial from everyone! you can also post the thank you's there to your tuners, along with your thoughts on the car, future hopes etc.

Cant wait to see Jamie's Graph!