The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A-Plan Insurance: Good news compared to SKY!

SupraAyf

Well guys, I'm happy - that's all I can say.

Mike B recomended A-Plan in the single turbo thread below, and although I'm just TT, I gave them a bell anyway.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=95305&highlight=a-plan+insurance

SKY insurance gave me a quote for £997 Fully comp and yet A-Plan has reduced that figure to £633:) My saving is therefore £354:) All BPU+ mods, bling, cabin interior gadgets and body upgrades have been declared and are covered on the A-Plan so I'm well chuffed.

Oh yes - Cheers Mike:thumbs:

I'm with a-plan too mate, have been for my last 2 cars. They give good prices, but, they do not do agreed value, which sky do. If a-plan and sky are similar when i renew (march) then i will consider sky for the agreed value alone as these cars are getting older. the value of my car to me (and any realistic purchaser wanting a good car) is far more than an insurance company's 'book' price

But yes, a-plan are good :)

Glad you got sorted. This is similar to my insurance.

I had a big off 2 years ago (check garage) and after a bit of arguing I got a very goodprice for the car - easily agreed value.

A-Plan broker- so they are not the underwriters... and my insurance has changed underwiter since then for my new policy, so it's not guaranteed, but A-Plan have given me excellent service every time I have spoken to them....

You've got some bits fitted to that Supe havent you matey! just been looking in your garage :thumbs:

I just had a look - for a moment there I thought one of those shiney alien bad guys from last nights battlestar galactica had crawled inside your engine bay!

very bling, puts mine to shame..

I'm with a-plan too mate, have been for my last 2 cars. They give good prices, but, they do not do agreed value, which sky do. If a-plan and sky are similar when i renew (march) then i will consider sky for the agreed value alone as these cars are getting older. the value of my car to me (and any realistic purchaser wanting a good car) is far more than an insurance company's 'book' price

But yes, a-plan are good :)

Very good point, i was just about to phone A plan, didn't realise they don't do agreed value:( which for me is a major factor for my insurance requirements, but with comparable savings to SupraAyf i would be looking at a considerable saving on my Sky insurance, perhaps i'll give them a call anyway, just to check.

Well guys, I'm happy - that's all I can say.

Mike B recomended A-Plan in the single turbo thread below, and although I'm just TT, I gave them a bell anyway.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=95305&highlight=a-plan+insurance

SKY insurance gave me a quote for £997 Fully comp and yet A-Plan has reduced that figure to £633:) My saving is therefore £354:) All BPU+ mods, bling, cabin interior gadgets and body upgrades have been declared and are covered on the A-Plan so I'm well chuffed.

Oh yes - Cheers Mike:thumbs:

I had my best price form A-Plan on a NA for £580.00 with no, no claims as such. Age 32, Sales Rep, etc

Gave AON a ring 01384 552670 and they came up with £380.00 for a car worth 5K and a max milage of 5K a year. That too was guaranteed value

Food for thought.

H.

Glad you got sorted. This is similar to my insurance.

Mike,

Thanks for posting your own experiences up on the forum as they helped me immensely.

A-Plan took less than a day to get back to me but the wait was worth it. When I eventually got the call back, I expected a massive premium as the guy was delaying quoting the final cost - He then discovered there was no need as a I was well chuffed;)

Thanks again mucka:salute:

Don't foget Sky offered an agreed valuation. Should the car be a write-off you know you won't be arguing over how much the insurer should be paying you. Is losing a single turbo, nicely kittted car worth the risk of them only offering you book price?

When I tried Aplan they said that if anything on the car differed from stock then they would not cover me. Might be worth triple checking.

On the phone now 'H';)

Good stuff...

who needs confused.com when we have you to do all our running around for us!

looking forward to see if gets better...

When I totalled mine I was all over it like a rash, spanner in hand before the insurance co came to view... if it gets stolen - I guess that's a different matter..

I had my best price form A-Plan on a NA for £580.00 with no, no claims as such. Age 32, Sales Rep, etc

Gave AON a ring 01384 552670 and they came up with £380.00 for a car worth 5K and a max milage of 5K a year. That too was guaranteed value

Food for thought.

H.

Just phoned them 'H' and they wouldn't insure me as the Supe is registered as my only car and it needs to be my 2nd vehicle - strange eh! They also had a bit of an issue with my mods etc. I did explain that I use my wife's VRS when I'm back in UK and that the Supe is simply a toy.

Never mind but thanks for the telephone number mate;)

I'm guessing the book price of a similar aged Supe REDM, unless i can prove mine is worth more. I see what your saying now, they wouldnt cover the value of any mods fitted, not they wouldnt cover you at all?

If thats what you meant, i'm not sure what value they would cover for mods

Just phoned them 'H' and they wouldn't insure me as the Supe is registered as my only car and it needs to be my 2nd vehicle - strange eh! They also had a bit of an issue with my mods etc. I did explain that I use my wife's VRS when I'm back in UK and that the Supe is simply a toy.

Never mind but thanks for the telephone number mate;)

ahhhh!!! Now I understand. I tried loads of companies that were giving me shit quotes because I had no - no claims as I have had company car for 7 years. I must have got a good deal as the Supe will be our third car between two of us.!!

Still worth a go though. Shame!!

H.

ahhhh!!! Now I understand. I tried loads of companies that were giving me shit quotes because I had no - no claims as I have had company car for 7 years. I must have got a good deal as the Supe will be our third car between two of us.!!

Still worth a go though. Shame!!

H.

No worries mate; £633 is still much better than a kick in the bollox eh!

A-Plan were really good for me. but couldnt beat Sky for the Supra insurance.

When I had my MGF, A-Plan had a brilliant policy which meant that for about an extra £100 they would insure ALL declared mods at the value you bought them. The only thing that wasnt included was NOS!

Would be great if someone would do insurance like that for the Supe. I had over £4000 of mods on the MGF, and it only cost me an extra £100! madness.

I had A-Plan with a previous car. they were dead cheap the first year and the renewal went up by a few hundred quid so i left. Worth a haggle but it annoys me when insurance firms do that to you.

m.

I've stayed with A-plan, an mine came down by over £200 this year, was well happy with that. :)