The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How NOT to install a TRD (style) spoiler

Bob

Having had this installed at a Toyota dealership, I thought it would have been a decent enough job.

However, having previously taken the Supra off the road for a while, I went to open the boot. Luckily for the roof lining, everything is currently stripped out and in the garage; as about half a pint of water pissed out of the boot lid frame, and all over my back seat!

I had a look at the spoiler then - only 1 bolt had been put on with a washer to start with. So I took off the spoiler to find this:

No sealant used at all on the spoiler :rolleyes:

So now the black crap is removed, the whole area is cleaned, Farecla'd and waxed, and the spoiler has been reinstalled with proper neoprene washers, the correct bolts, and a healthy dab of silicon to seal everything. No more leaks as yet!

Thats main dealers for you, charge the earth and do a crap job.

I stopped using them many moons ago having had a bad/incomplete service with my Vectra

A full service ,

should check all lights (exterior)

check tyres and tyre pressure

Came out of garage with a head light not working and they said they had checked the tyes but they hadnt because a couple of the alloy dust caps were crroded on and I had to get them of with two pairs of pliers

Doesnt sound much but what else didnt they do ???

That's not good at all Bob. The only problem with Mian Dealers is that you'll get the new shop floor newbie do the job (often without supervision), and on cars like Supras which they treat with limited respect.

I would love to go behind the scenes of some of these MD's in order to see what really goes on. I think we would be shocked in some cases:rolleyes:

EEk, not good, what dealer bodyshop was it ?

If it is who i think it is then im not surprised.

It was done at a dealership in Leicester mate, through a trader on here. No probs with the trader though, he sorted things out for me so I didn't have to pay for the fitting and spraying :)

I took my car to a toyota dealership to have th gearbox rebuilt. They had it for a month and when i got it back, they had driven it up a curb and destroyed my do-luck front bumper (genuine). They offered me £200 as compensation, so i told em to get stuffed, and they eventually (after 8 months) replaced the entire bumper and had it refitted and sprayed... Dealers suck....