The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Picked up my First Supe Today! WOW!!

Guest Bainesy36

Guest Bainesy36

Finally got my First Supe today after searching for 3 1/2 months and the drive home was awesome! :D

I've bought the car off Chris_Aka_Fonz, and he's been absolutely fantastic to deal with. It's a '97 Silver, TT6 BPU and can be seen in his garage here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=hall&u=2603

After everything I've read here on the Forum, I still didn't expect to drive 95 miles home with a constant grin on my face, which then became the full width when I tried out the 2nd Turbo! I love this car and it was an absolute joy to drive home in glorious sunshine. [GRIN][/GRIN] Unfortunately, as I parked the car on the drive a few flakes of snow began to fall, but didn't dampen my spirits one bit! I just hope the weather improves quickly so I can enjoy the car to it's full.

I look forward to meeting some of you soon as I now have a Supra at my disposal. Yippee!!

Still smiling now, :)

Nige.

Guest Bainesy36

RedM - Yes they are heavy, but with 400BHP, certainly no slouch and felt solid as a rock on the road.

Mike - Live Nr Wrexham, North Wales, so Mascrat Manor sounds like a plan. Look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks for the comments guys and Chris, I will probably pop in on you soon as you come very highly recommended.

Nige.

RedM - Yes they are heavy, but with 400BHP, certainly no slouch and felt solid as a rock on the road.

Mike - Live Nr Wrexham, North Wales, so Mascrat Manor sounds like a plan. Look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks for the comments guys and Chris, I will probably pop in on you soon as you come very highly recommended.

Nige.

I'll keep an eye out for you there then Nige.

Mike

Guest Bainesy36

Alright Greg mate,

Hoping to pick the Front mount up off you on Saturday on my way back from Turbo Fit, if I can get the car booked in that is. I will probably come down to you anyway if I'm not going there as it'll be an excuse to drive the car!! Providing you'll be around on Saturday?

Chris - I live 10 miles south of Wrexham in Chirk, which is about 6 miles from Oswestry, so not far from you. I will definitely be down to see you at some point.

Pete - West Mids meet will be on my agenda aswell and I'm looking forward to putting some faces to names/usernames at the same time.

What a club and what a car!! :D

Alright Greg mate,

Hoping to pick the Front mount up off you on Saturday on my way back from Turbo Fit, if I can get the car booked in that is. I will probably come down to you anyway if I'm not going there as it'll be an excuse to drive the car!! Providing you'll be around on Saturday?

Chris - I live 10 miles south of Wrexham in Chirk, which is about 6 miles from Oswestry, so not far from you. I will definitely be down to see you at some point.

Pete - West Mids meet will be on my agenda aswell and I'm looking forward to putting some faces to names/usernames at the same time.

What a club and what a car!! :D

Nige, it would be a pleasure to meet you in person buddy. I'll keep the FMIC package up for you, but no problems if you want to inspect it or want to readjust the fins - I can help if you like. :)

I'll PM you my number mate. I'll be around all day Saturday so just give me a shout. ;)

Tkae it real easy too buddy. Experienced my first icey/hairy moment today coming down Emily's road at about 10mph, thin film of ice, back end went leftways at about 30degrees, brought her back in safely though!

Glad everythings running well. Deffo pay a visit to Chris Wilson too for a checkover if not done already mate. :eyebrows:

See you Sat hopefully!

Greg

Guest Bainesy36

Thanks for the replies Peeps!

SupraAyf - Must admit the car has really grown on me in the flesh and I certainly won't be changing anything in the mean time. Had planned to changed the bodykit, but now I think it looks great and is practical on standard ride height.

Rob - Appreciate that Rob. Hopefully I'll get some pictures of the seats for you this weekend. The seat fits me like a glove and is really comfortable, but unfortunately it's not great for my Girlfriend and some other passengers and I'm not sure about having two different styles in the front, by keeping the drivers side.

MPryde - Whereabouts exactly are you mate? Sounds like a good idea for the Mascrat meet or any other.

Greg - PM sent.

Cheers,

Nige. (Still got a big grin and even used it for work today (couldn't resist))!