The mkiv Supra Owners Club

k&n quiestion

TRD-Rob

ok guts would love to get this done before it get dark i have just got my k&n throw and having a bit of trouble fitting it ive got all the back end in but because the front end is heavy they have given me some metal brackets but on the manual which is in jap looks like they fit on the end of the cone which means going throw the cone cutting or drilling and this cant be right can it i hope is all makes sense and any help would be great

o and if this helps it the air impulse ver.2

ok guts would love to get this done before it get dark i have just got my k&n throw and having a bit of trouble fitting it ive got all the back end in but because the front end is heavy they have given me some metal brackets but on the manual which is in jap looks like they fit on the end of the cone which means going throw the cone cutting or drilling and this cant be right can it i hope is all makes sense and any help would be great

o and if this helps it the air impulse ver.2

VISIT TURBO FIT.. Milton keynes

Take your filter and just get this pipe fabricated as i did,

As a everyday NA driver ... i can confirm This made a massive difference on the way my NA picks up etc, and above 4500rpm sounds sweet which was a bonus

Only use a induction kit if you make a heat sheild along with a cold air feed, other wise you will get heat soak

see pics

You'll see i have a HKS pipe on the filter, I made the heat sheild and then used some flexi pipe for the feed and 2x house gutter pipe unions to make it look tidy

As yo have a K&N they will just make you a longer pipe and put your filter on as well as refitting the Aircharge sensor and sorting out all your pipes so work as they should back into the tube

3. New hardpipe 2.jpg

PIPE 1.jpg

HEATSHEILD.jpg

PIPE INTAKE.jpg

Rob were you sold that on the understanding of it going straight on bud? because i know u paid £120 for it and to be honest for a filter alone thats a rip off. Rob TBH theres a few dealers on here taking the piss with prices for stuff, better off just getting off other members or ebay mate.

Better yet bud come up and see me i have full chrome piping for the N/A induction plus Apexi filter with sensor urs for free bud i know ur having a struggle getting ur car as u want it, even got a HKS for you as well F.O.C

i'll even fit it for you.