The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rota GT-R - Dish?

tomssupra

i have a set of rota GTR's on my supra, the fronts and rears have different offsets and so a different 'dish' as you call it.

on the rear the spoke dish in towards the hub quite a lot with quite a wide lip on the rim, on the fronts the spokes are pretty much flat with no lip. you can't fit wider wheels to the front without spacers or clearance problems or both.

i wouldn't get them from rarerims.co.uk though. they sent me the wrong wheel nuts for a supra and when i fitted them with a ratchet gun and trashed two hubs worth of studs they just laughed when i called them to complain. great customer service.

i'll try get a pic so you can see what they look like on the car.

the sizes you need for a supra are

Front - 18x8.5 5x114.3 PCD 40 ET (double check the offset for the front, not sure about this one)

Rear - 18x9.5 5x114.3 PCD 30 ET

added a picture. wheels look shit with suspension too high and that nose cone. lowered it more with a stock front end now and wheels look great. i went for the silver with a polished lip.

supra1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
you can't get a 18x9.5 on the front. offset is way out. it would almost stick out past the arch. also when you turn the wheel it would hit the inner arches too.

if you look at the rotas for the supra the fronts and rears are so different they only just look like they are the same wheel.

Just resurrecting this as i have just found out that Rota now do the 9.5x18" in 12,20 and 30 offsets so do you think the 20 offset would fit? unfortunately not had a chance to try my mates Rotas yet.

Just resurrecting this as i have just found out that Rota now do the 9.5x18" in 12,20 and 30 offsets so do you think the 20 offset would fit? unfortunately not had a chance to try my mates Rotas yet.

+20 offset will stick out even futher past the wheel arches than +30.

Thanks Nic, bit of an awkward one as my Ray's wheels are 9x18 and i think the offset is 38 (have to check) but according to the calculator if i was to put 9.5x18 with 30 offset they would only project an extra 14mm, maybe i should just wait until i can try my mates wheels, although i did find this link http://www.rotawheels.com/p45r.php that seems to say that the GTRs come in a 35 and 48 offset but they are not labelled as GTRs and may also not be available in the UK:(

• 3 months later...