The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi chaps, shall I buy a Supra?

Guest skinthespin

Guest skinthespin

Hi, daft question I know on a Supra owners forum!

This is my predicament, I am after something to use everyday to go to and from work in and do some motorway miles, I have a 320bhp, 1100kg MR2 Turbo track car so am not too bothered about my day to day car being ballistic, I also have a Saab 9-5 for the family and to keep them safe, but the missus has that. I am currently using a 406 1.8 (I know your impressed!) and quite frankly, I hate it, I was looking at a 328i or Merc, but I have always been a fan of jap cars and Toyotas in particular.

I was thinking of only spending up to 4 grand for which I could get a very nice 328, but I could also get a Supra as there just about falling into that category, what I want to know is would a 3.0 litre NA be economical enough to use every day ( I know it would be as tough as old boots) and would I get one that wasnt a complete shed for 4 grand or under? Ive seen a couple on autotrader for around 3 grand even, avoid these?

Guest skinthespin

Hi mate, cheers, they really bad on fuel then? Im not expecting 50mpg but would be happy with mid 20's edging into the high 20's/low 30's on a run, is this daft?!

although I dont use my supra every day, but I know many guys here use their supras every day and I can't see why not, I love driving the supra even its only in the weekends and anytime I drive it makes me think why not just drive her every day instead of the cheapy shopping hatchback :)

you maybe able to get a none turbo for 4k, but always be prepered for paying just a bit more for a cleaner car.

Guest skinthespin

Cool, cheers, shouldve said, I quite fancy an auto for plodding around in, I know this probably goes against the grain for alot of you guys with bigger powered stuff but I want something thats nice and comfy for everyday use and for that I think an auto is always better.

Sorry to sound an old duffer but would the economy on an auto be awful too? Is it a 4 or 5 speed auto btw?

Thanks!!!!!!

:hello: & :welcome:

When I had my N/A I found it drank like a Goldfish with urban driving but was really not that bad when driving long distance or general motorway driving. You could get a nice one in that budget and it would be bullet proof as weel (not literally! :D )

Never had any faults in the 3yrs I had one ;)