The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi and help

Guest dave bryant

Guest dave bryant

Hi ive just got my first supra mkiv, im having a few teething probs can anyone help my car is an auto i have fitted a speedo convertor that works fine the thing is supposed to delimit as well but the car redlines at 120mph ithought they should go faster than that? :( any ideas????

Hi ive just got my first supra mkiv, im having a few teething probs can anyone help my car is an auto i have fitted a speedo convertor that works fine the thing is supposed to delimit as well but the car redlines at 120mph ithought they should go faster than that? :( any ideas????

Hmm weird....sounds like your box is slipping by the sounds of it...how many miles are on the box? is it ok from low revs, midrange etc?

I know this sounds really stupid and im not being patronising in any way but is your overdrive engaged??

Guest dave bryant

i bought the convertor from ebay i have used them before with no problems, the car is redlining its like there are only 3 gears if that makes sense apart from that no problems whats the buttons around the box for ie manu and od could these be stopping the top speed or does anyone think the delimitor is not there??

like i say the car redlines at 120ish mph but it gets there fu*king fast:D :D :D

Guest dave bryant

there are no lights on the dash to say they are off i have pressed them all and it makes no difference:search: is there an easy test may be a sensor is broke

your overdrive is on

its the button on the right side of your gear stick

there should be a yellow light on your dash when its engaged

turn this off you will have 4 gears

actually the yellow light is on when overdrive is OFF (disengaged).

the overdrive should usually be on as this IS the 4th gear ;)

there are no lights on the dash to say they are off i have pressed them all and it makes no difference:search: is there an easy test may be a sensor is broke

Its on the right hand side of your auto lever under the big button? the little one underneath needs to be clicked in, this will give you the 4th gear

Failing that then if its red lining at 120 there may be problems with the transmission

Guest dave bryant

do you think this could be electrical when driving you turn the od on and off the revs do move about depending on what is selected so the button does something

Guest dave bryant
i would say around 110

maybe you have a faulty overdrive, button not sure mate

but when i press the button the revs increase slightly and drop when its engaged:search: