The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My car has been clocked - bought from Paul Evans (formally Miami GT)

Homer

Due to the improved record archives now available from the jap auctions I’ve been able to check my cars past history - I'm not happy at all.

Back in Jan 2004 I bought my car from Miami GT which was at the time owned by Paul Evans. It was a very good price for (back then) a very rare black 6spd TT RZ. I bought in confidence assuming him and John Morgan were trusted traders despite my misgivings about the general condition. I was assured by both that it was a pristine example and there were no problems with the car.

Despite the now confirmed mileage issue (56156km when I bought it, now confirmed 111096km by the auction house Paul bought it from).

Since then I've spent over £25k on this car and now find its been smacked and also clocked. Evans you have a lot to answer for.

God help you if I ever see you again Paul. Seriously.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be speaking to my solicitor some time next week (when we both find the time) to see what the options are. Despite the time that’s passed the liability appears to remain with the importer. Wish me luck!

I suspect a lot of people to say they're not surprised at this, to be honest. Paul R's car came over at the same time, wonder who owns that now... :Pling:

TBH does anyone actually believe some of the mileage these cars come over with, I purchased my 97 nearly five years ago with 55k miles on the clock... it now has 88k miles on it which is less than average but seems high compared to some of these 93-94 models you see with so called 30k odd miles on them. Certainly in your case you dont expect to be shafted by a trader off the board

Sorry to hear that homer!! If it is a clean cut issue that the importer has clocked it I would definitely distribute some pain!!

I have set my heart on a 96 facelift SZR. I go for it in 2 weeks. I have only got the English number plate details at the mo. Is there any way I can check the import milage??

H.

I wouldnt want to know whether mine was clocked in a previous life.... :(

Neither would I, thats why I'm not going to check, some things your just better of not knowing

I am sure your not alone, as long as the car is sound and in good condition (which yours is) it shouldnt be a problem. However I would also be very unhappy about purchasing a car that had fake milage on it. I would be like getting together with a stunning blond only to find she has fake tits.

I am sure your not alone, as long as the car is sound and in good condition (which yours is) it shouldnt be a problem. However I would also be very unhappy about purchasing a car that had fake milage on it. I would be like getting together with a stunning blond only to find she has fake tits.

Or a cock!!

I am sure your not alone, as long as the car is sound and in good condition (which yours is) it shouldnt be a problem.

Its done nearly double the mileage so i'd say its a decent size problem tbh, cant say im supprised by this one bit.

Hope you get it sorted

Sorry but I have absolutely no idea what you are on about... I am just shocked

I do not have the info to hand as it was so long ago... I dont even remember the details...

This was bought in from a Japan auction, picked up from Southampton, taken to Newhaven and basically sold on after being serviced by John etc back then. You had the paperwork that I had... I have no reason to try and fiddle anything...

Very happy to meet up with you Homer - my concience is clear...and if you want to contact me about this I will send you through my address and phone number

This is just totally wild...

Two things, have you got a invoice for the car as the purchaser

showing 56k or a advert showing it.

and if the auction sold to the guy at 111k and you are the next owner some one is in trouble legally.

But mileage is always a worry on used imports, usually every shogun we get offered has done 70k. ! must be a round fiqure..