The mkiv Supra Owners Club

im in a pickle!

dan4

already posted in wanted section so apoogies to moderators but im kinda desperate :(

I dropped a valve collet today and i am on a tight timescale so cannot afford to wait for mr t to supply a new one. Does anyone have one i can have or maybe have a dead block that one can be removed from and sent to me??????

are the na and tt collets the same guys???? i would have thought so?

well i've just been out in the garage and they "look" the same.....

i have a dead cyclinder head off an NA here.......but no tool to remove one assuming i need the tool that compresses the valves?

If not tell me how and i'll remove one tomorrow..........or you could pick it up complete but i'm in GU8 postcode region..........

The NA and TT valve sizses are different so these parts may not be interchangable. I wouldn't take the risk.

Dan, might also be worth speaking to some of the tuners and see if they will do you a favour and post some out. Turbofit, Envy & Phoenix are the ones most likely to have a stock of these.

if you arent fussed about the engine then get a socket over the spring retainer and hit it with a hammer, the collets should fly out although you may have to support the valve as it will try to compress is the head on the block still?