The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lots of cheap 6 speed TT's...

Conrad

Just been looking around ebay, me thinks the same :(

Brought my tt auto 1996 beginning of Dec, woundering if I should of hanged on a bit.This looks cheap facelift TT auto

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1996-TOYOTA-SUPRA-SILVER-TWIN-TURBO-AUTO_W0QQitemZ280071029113QQihZ018QQcategoryZ18290QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That car has been for sale for some time. It is recorded as an insurance write off.

yeah they are but wait till summer comes closer and watch em rocket up in price!!!!

Don't say that! :D

The only reason I was looking is becuase I'll be getting one when I return in 6 months from travelling. I sold my TT for a pittance at Xmas, these prices just cheered me up.

Still if the price is right, buying a car on the register is no different from buying one with high mileage imo.

So long as the car is in good nic and the price reflects the history - then I can't see the problem.

Is it cat C or D do you know CJ?

I agree that buying an accident recorded car is not a problem providing the repairs have been done properly. My concern is when people hide the fact. That then leads me to think they may be hiding other things too!

I cannot remember what category it was TBH. :blink:

I emailed this guy a while back.

the car had some rear quarter damage. He said it was prior to him having it.Its has had a full respray.The cat thing was NOT mentioned at that time but I would imagine it was a cat D .

To be fair being cat D aint that bad, on some older cars a vandalised bonnet doors etc would be enough to make it an economical "wrigt off" in the eyes of the insurance companies.

It was also in auto trader a while back for around 7.5 - 8 k I think

The first and sixth ones are autos in the pictures, numbers three to five are non-turbos, number two comes from Torque of Keighley :rolleyes: .. haven't look any further yet, but still I think they're not unexpectedly cheap for bottom-bracket (i.e. the cheapest) oldest manual imports. If you wanted something in good condition, newer, not ex-damaged, or facelift then it'd cost more.

Just been looking around ebay, me thinks the same :(

Brought my tt auto 1996 beginning of Dec, woundering if I should of hanged on a bit.This looks cheap facelift TT auto

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1996-TOYOTA-SUPRA-SILVER-TWIN-TURBO-AUTO_W0QQitemZ280071029113QQihZ018QQcategoryZ18290QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That is a good price, and if there're no gotchas with it then it's a bargain for somebody. It's a shame it's not in a facelift-only colour though, just for the extra facelift fun.

As with the autotrader ad before though, I'm curiously concerned that it doesn't have the facelift rear quarter lights.. hmmm :conf: they weren't optional were they?

edit: Sorry CJ, didn't pick up the eBay stuff till after and thought you were referring to one of the Autotrader ads:

That car has been for sale for some time. It is recorded as an insurance write off.