The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Flow Testing Injectors

SupraAyf

Guys,

I have a set of direct replacement injectors that I need flow testing (Venom 780's) and I was wondering who does the best job and with the best price tag.:)

I do have a flow test sheet for the 6 injectors that came from the States, but I just don't trust the findings.

Test sheet attached

Thanks everyone in advance

Image4012.jpg

Give Chris Wilson a buzz, I believe he does it a very reasonable rate....

Will do mate - very many thanks:)

Hmmm, venom injectors you say....

I know what you're thinkning - me too:(

I do like the comments on the test btw...

Great reading though:rolleyes:

I know what you're thinkning - me too:(

And me, have read before about these over on SF..... problems with them sticking open and the flow rates on the test certificate not being correct varying up and down. Personally I would stay well clear of them and if you do get them tested yourself and find problems good luck in getting your money back.

Even if those test results were genuine they're like 18 months old - so worthless now.

Agreed injectors should not be left laying around

Its suggested that you should get new injectors flow tested regardless i have just ordered a set of 880s and i know for a fact i will be getting them done

All injectors whether new or second hand should be flow tested.

The cost is much less that going lean frying a piston and paying for a rebuild or new engine. At the end of the day it is up to individuals to decide. It depends on how lucky you feel.

I purchased a set of 880's that where advertised as flow tested, still had them checked. The security in is knowing that they are 100 clean and all flow within a % margin.

Is it worth getting your injectors flow tested every x years?

For example, I have a 95 JDM TT (34k miles) on what I believe to be stock injectors, since I've had the car Ive gone BPU.

Given the cars age, and that its had Jap fuel and UK fuel in it, would the injectors benefit from being cleaned/flow tested or would it be pointless.

Is it worth getting your injectors flow tested every x years?

For example, I have a 95 JDM TT (34k miles) on what I believe to be stock injectors, since I've had the car Ive gone BPU.

Given the cars age, and that its had Jap fuel and UK fuel in it, would the injectors benefit from being cleaned/flow tested or would it be pointless.

:yeahthat: