The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Facelift headlights - Is this a first?

vvteye

A while back I was led to believe that you couldn't get facelift Headlights in the UK-Spec

You can't.

However, you can graft some uk spec glass lenses onto facelift headlights - which I guess is what you've done here, is it?

Facelift headlights have that nice smooth lens, without all the lines. You lose that if you fit the uk spec lenses.

Guest gzaerojon
They are original Facelift headlights with UK spec glass lenses!

glass lenses don't fit j-spec backs though, and j-spec insides both pre facelift and facelift are different to uk insides too

i would say they are the real deal :)

glass lenses don't fit j-spec backs though, and j-spec insides both pre facelift and facelift are different to uk insides too

i would say they are the real deal :)

Real facelift lights wouldn't have those lines on the inside on the lens though.

Guest gzaerojon
Real facelift lights wouldn't have those lines on the inside on the lens though.

but there are no lines or markings on the highbeam reflector, so the markings on the lens would need to be there for beam pattern i would've thought?

original glass facelifts from toyota :)
Yeah right. :rolleyes:

wow - didnt know about this.....what cars were these designed for cause no UK car came with them?
They're not OE. Jon's made them up with facelift inners and UK lenses. They're clearly not facelift because they have the beam deflector pattern in the glass in front of the highbeam.