The mkiv Supra Owners Club

De-cat options???

MrHanky

Hi,

I have been searching around the forum for some info but so far I cannot find an answer to this question.

I am planning on going BPU and was initially just going to get rid of both cats and stick a RR in and use an EBC. Now I am still thinking about this but I also hear that some people just decat the 2nd cat, leave the 1st cat alone and dont bother with a RR.

Does anybody have any experience of this method and what are peoples opinions? Is there much difference in power gains by removing both? Is it better not to have a RR?

Thanks for any help

Mark

I'd go full decat mate with an RR as that's obviously needed for smaller J-spec wastegates.

I'm full BPU with an RR and EBC and loving it. Fully decat HKS Superdragger and I reckon I've got about an additional 40-50bhp from losing the Cats.

No point in going for a 'half baked' one Cat in approach IMHO. :)

The 1st cat is the most restrictive of the two. By removing the 2nd cat you may get slightly higher boost, btu with both removed you'll get a quicker spool up and significantly more boost. Some (not all) J specs require a RR to restrict boost and here is qhere your quandry lies. Some go for a 1.2bar RR and leave it at that, others go for a 1 bar RR and then use a BC to up the boost for those spirited moments.

I'll be going with the 1.2 restrictor ring. It's not an ideal way of controling boost but until I can afford a nice set of twins I think it will do.

Goddam it, im going to have a similar spec TT to you and Stef for all of 5 minutes and then you 2 are going to upgrade and thrash me :)

Loser!!! :)

Mark