The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Holy Sh*t! Lucky escape today!!

Dr_Doom

I was on my way home for work today at around 4pm today. Got to a section of road about 1 mile from my house just coming off a roundabout when half a tree came flying across the road! :shock: I instantly swerved and managed to miss it but ended up going straight up the kerb with both passenger side wheels!!.. :scare: I was less than a mile from my house so instinct told me ‘get home quick before your tyres go flat!’ I didn’t want to end up being towed or changing wheels.. Pulled on my drive absolutely sh*tting myself expecting to have blown both tyres and buckled the wheels! Luckily, turns out the tyres were fine & there was only two very minor kerb marks. No worse than the one’s already on the wheels. Phew!!.. I phoned my mate at the garage and took it straight down to get it checked over. Had it up on the ramps for a good half hour and everything seems to be fine. Tracking is a couple of mm out so I need to get that sorted at some point. We couldn’t do it there and then because the adjuster has seized up and they were closing for the night…. I’m just relieved that it didn’t do too much damage. I would have been gutted! When I did a similar thing in my Astra a couple of years ago it blew both tyres and bent the steering arms. I’m lucky I was driving slowly when I mounted the kerb!

Take care everyone and avoid falling trees! ;)

lucky (or unlucky) sod.

I drove home via some country roads to cut out the traffic and had to drive under a sparking electric cable. - I hesitated for a bit then remembered an episode of top gear when Richard Hammond sat in a golf and electrified it - he lived so i thought what the hell, dropped it a couple of gears and shot under it.

....i'm still here !

lucky (or unlucky) sod.

I drove home via some country roads to cut out the traffic and had to drive under a sparking electric cable. - I hesitated for a bit then remembered an episode of top gear when Richard Hammond sat in a golf and electrified it - he lived so i thought what the hell, dropped it a couple of gears and shot under it.

....i'm still here !

The safest place to be in a lightning storm is in a car! Because of rubber tyres and the body of the car carries the electricity around (ie away) from you