The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my car back from mapping.

Jake

Just got back from Dan's place with my car. I'm going to have to learn how to drive it again. It doesn't feel like the same car.

The exhaust is blowing like the ace of spades and it was raining in patches here and there so I didn't get a decent high speed run in it tonight.

Its got some real torque now though! Massive improvement over the previous mapping. It still runs out of steam a little at high revs but then it's only a small single and it's been mapped for UK road fuel. I'm sure with US spec gas it could produce a bit more power.

Dan's only mapped it up to 1.4 bar because we had reached the budget I told him I wanted to spend at the moment. He said it would be ok at 1.5bar but he hasn't spent any time fine tuning it at that boost level.

To be honest I don't think I'll bother raising the boost any higher for quite a while. Now the boost and torque are coming on earlier and with the new really strong mid range grunt it's great fun to drive. I don't want to be thrashing the arse off it anyway.

He also cured the long running problem I've had with throttle response when you just give it a little throttle after being on the over-run. Before it used to lurch forward but now it's silky smooth.

Unfortunately the AC has stopped working again (light comes on but it doesn't chill the air). It's my own fault for forgetting to tell Dan that on my car the Motec was running the AC even though I still have original ECU in the car. All the previous settings for the Motec were wiped, so he wouldn't realised. Kicking myself about that.

Over all - very happy :thumbs:

I'll try to post the dyno sheet tomorrow. It will be interesting to compare against Gamer's sheet as it was mapped and dynoed at the same place.

Small single (GT60) vs Mid size Single (BL67)

VVTi Manual vs non-VVTi manual

Why's the exhaust blowing?
Dunno. It seemed to be getting worse the nearer I got to home. I tried to look when I got some fuel but the ground was wet so I didn't want to soak myself and then drive another 100miles. It appears to be coming from the middle, as far as I can tell

Small single (GT60) vs Mid size Single (BL67)

VVTi Manual vs non-VVTi manual

521.9 bhp

670 Nm (494 ft-lb) @ 4835rpm

Good stuff Jake.

One thing though. I am running a BL T71GTQ not the BL67. You would do better comparing your power to Jamiep's GT4088

Mine got 624 bhp @ 1.5 bar.

Dan is pretty good huh. ;)