The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One space for a driver training day

Ark

Last year I organised a driver training day, attended by a few Supras (Gaz6002, Squiffy, i-macca, and a couple of others). The same outfit are running another one this coming Monday, and have one space available. PM me If you're interested and I'll put you onto the organiser.

Location is near Arundel in West Sussex. I think you'll be the only Supra there, but hey, it's all good fun.

Price is £125 for the full day, running from about 9am to 4pm, and covering lunch. Bring your own snacks and something to drink. A coat is advised since there is limited shelter if the weather comes in. There are proper toilets on-site.

The date is this coming Monday (Jan 22).

There is one space still available, out of 12 - most others are taken by Evos and Scoobys. To clarify - I am not going to this day, I am just advertising the remaining space on behalf of the organisers who I know from other car clubs and track days.

Noise limit is an advised 98db...but this has never been either tested or enforced.

The day is run on an old airfield, covering skills like hairpin turns, slaloms, fast bends left and right, all culminating in a series of timed sprints utilising all of the disciplines used during the day.

It doesn't have to be the Supra, but I recommend it - you can learn the limits of the car in a nice open space, with nothing to run into. Also, don't worry about the weather - rain will just make the day more interesting, and reduce wear on your tyres.

After the positive feedback last time, and the number of people who showed an interest but couldn't book time off work due to short notice, I will be seeing about arranging another Supra-specific day sometime in the future, probably some time in the spring.

• 2 months later...

Well it's easy enough to set up. All we need is some definite participants, preferably stumping up a cash advance to guarantee a booking, and a date.

I know everyone will immediately say: "Can you get a saturday...lots more people will be able to come if it's a saturday."

Unfortunately the answer is no - the venue is permanently booked for a market over the weekend. Plus there are more people at home to complain about possible noise issues.