supra666

Feeling your mileage not right?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Feeling your mileage not right?

• Yes I've had it checked
    • Don't want to know true mileage
    • Going to check it after reading this
    • Have wondered if mileage is correct

Is it me but do you get the feeling that imports have stupidly low mileage? whay are mileages usually around the 50-70k mark?

I found an advert in a Jap Magazine recently and checked mine for a tenner and it is spot on...........however a friends supra has had 40k taken off when it got to the UK!!! WTF:blink:

What's everybody's thoughts?

you can check your mileage here

http://www.japaneseimportmileagecheck.co.uk

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah your right, however some importers also mess with the mileage aswell, so if you never knew the true mileage to start with who knows what gets done after the car leaves the ship to the dealer/importer selling the car.

This is what has happened to my mates Supra it lost 40k between the ship and the dealer

There's always been low mileage cars coming over and low mileage cars being sold here. Usually about 30-60K miles old. This has always been the case in the last 5 years. So how comes the mileage is not going up in general over the years? In my opinion; of course lots of cars are being clocked over there and here in the UK!

All of the low mileage imports I saw (about 15) when I was looking for a Supra were clearly clocked as the interior and general condition indicated mileage was higher!

But isnt the rule in japan that once a car get to 100000km or 10years old which ever come first. it either has to be scraped or exported becasue of polution and safety! thats why there is so many imports with low mileage! we get them when there close or just over 60000miles. plus people in japan dont use car as much as as they have push bikes!

But isnt the rule in japan that once a car get to 100000km or 10years old which ever come first. it either has to be scraped or exported becasue of polution and safety! thats why there is so many imports with low mileage! we get them when there close or just over 60000miles. plus people in japan dont use car as much as as they have push bikes!

I ve heard all this stuff before, and I'm sure it's a ploy for us to buy clocked cars with only 60k!